Landmark sighting

khalsey

I sighted a Landmark south of Joliet,IL. It is along the side of my garage since Thursday. It's a Shenandoah that DW and I purchased from Richmond,In Wednesday. Traded our 1997 Kountry Star for it. Hope it will be as good to us as the Newmar was.

jbeletti

Hi khalsey,

Congrats on your new 5er! Went by the Newmar plant last weekend on the way to Amish Acres. Saw some amazing looking 5ers in one of their full-hookup service lots that were just camped out - waiting for their appointments I suspect.

Anyway, was wondering how you arrived at Heartland from all the brands out there to choose from - especially coming from a Kountry Star.

In any event, we're happy you chose a Heartland and we welcome you to the forum. And since you are oh so close - please consider joining another 50 owners at the 2nd Annual International Heartland Owners rally.

Jim

khalsey

Hi Jim,
We were not really planning to trade but had been through the heartland factory a couple of years ago and liked what I saw. the Newmar trailers have went up on there price considerbly and the weight also so wasn't planning on purchasing there trailer again. DW and I stopped at a couple of dealers in Richmond,IN and didn't see anything we really liked until we saw the 2006 Shenandoah so we made the trade.
Our Kountry Star had the filon siding which I was never too happy about otherwise would probably kept it for a few more years. One thing I noticed on the way home with the Landmark that doesn't make me too happy is that the frame on the trailer that the pin box fasten to is about 1/4 to 5/16 of an inch lower on one as compared to the other side which makes the hitch lower on one side. Everything else seems ok.
I'll have to talk to DW about the rally.

Last edited: