2011 Lakeside 331QBDS slide issues

ohman_stm

Just purchased the above, got it home, bumped the slides out and noticed that the bottoms of the slides go out further than the tops. This just doesn't look right to me. On further inspection, the brackets holding the slide arms to the slide are bent, and 2 of them appear to have shifted downward from their original placement. I have contacted the dealer regarding this, but was wondering if any one out there has had the same experience?? It's almost as if the slides were not calibrated correctly....instead, they seem to slide out further than what they should. I also noticed that the interior trim/molding around the living slide buckles when the slide is fully extended..almost as if the slide is being forced right out of the camper.

Any comments, suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Tom

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Tom, you have a problem thats for sure. Get your dealer and HL involved right away. You can adjust them yourself "if" you feel comfortable doing it. I did mine because the dealer had "NO CLUE" how to adjust them. Lippert has a PDF file on their web page that tells how to do it. good luck

jimtoo

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Please contact your dealer, and get them involved. Should not be to much of a problem for them to adjust your slides as needed. Or if you feel comfortable... go to the Portal Page and you will find the Lippert web site. There is a PDF manual giving instructions on adjustments.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Last edited:

ohman_stm

Good Morning All,

Thanks for the replies and advice! This forum is a wealth of information and I am grateful it's available to us!

Update - I contacted the dealer and emailed them pics of the issues. Scheduled to follow up with them today and figure out a path forward. I live in MD and we purchased the camper in VT (yes, you read that right). So, hooking up the camper and taking it back to the dealer is not feasible. I did d/l the Lippert manual and will try the adjustments myself, if I can't get an acceptable solution from the dealer.

Doesn't look like I am allowed to post pics yet, otherwise I would. In any event, I'll post back later for anyone who may be have the same issues.

Regards,
Tom

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
It sounds like the hydrolic ram is pushing the slide TOO far out. There are adjusting nuts on the end of the ram. You might start there 1st. You would need to loosen all the nut and screw them in (towards the frame). I would help if someone was helping you by running the slides in and out while you watched what is happening. If you can run a screwdriver...you can adjust the slides. Crawl under the coach and just look at it. Its not rocket science....just look at the angles of the dangles. The vertical nuts and bolts (adjusting) move the slide up and down, (tip up or down) but you have to loosen the nuts ( horizontal) on the feet that attach to the outside wall.

ohman_stm

Bob, I agree, looks straight forward to me, and I feel confident and capable enough to give it a try myself. The problem is my wife has surrounded the new camper with an imaginary bubble that prohibits me from doing that type of service. She is afraid if I do it wrong, the warranty will void, which Heartland has said is true. So, while I wait for my authorized local RV repair guy to come by and fix it, I will stare at it...kinda like my dog does to me when I'm eating dinner.

Thanks,
Tom

ohman_stm

Folks, just closing the loop on this thread...

Slides were adjusted and calibrated correctly. Now it stops where it should when bumping out and in. My rear slide had to be adjusted a 1/2" forward as it was not centered properly. Not sure how these campers make it out of the factory this way, and, why the dealer doesn't ensure these calibrations are correct during PDI....fixed now, thankfully.

Thanks to all who replied!

-Tom