Lost front landing jack shaft and foot on a bumpy road.

The Bird

Can anyone help me get in touch with a company that supplies these? I have had one on order from Heartland for three weeks. First they lost my order and now I have no idea when one will be shipped. The RV dealer I am going through said it takes about a week and they ordered the first one on July 12th. Emailed customer service at Heartland but they are out of the office until August 9 and not answering emails until then.

The camping season will be over in Michigan before I get one replaced. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Did not know camping had a season. If you enjoy it then do it year round. LOL

PSF513

Not sure what unit you have or if is is electric or hydraulic. However, Lippert Industries may be your manufacturer. You can call their warranty number (from page of the Forum) and you will need unit info like last 8 digits of VIN, manufacture date (should be on unit info), purchase date, model, etc.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I found a replacement foot at Camping World but I'm not sure if they carry a shaft that would fit.

The Bird

Thank you for the number. I will try this and see if I can get one shipped to us.

Just received a very nice call from Terry at Heartland explaining the details of our problem. He was a wealth of information. Our problem is with our dealer not Heartland but he has contacted the dealer for us. I do appreciate all the help.

Thank you!

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you have the electric landing gear, check on the motor for a name. If it says Venture, look HERE.
Good service and fast shipping.

Peace
Dave

truknutt

Committed Member
Lippert is the manufacturer. I bent one of mine on my Cyclone on the way to Nashville. Stopped at RV Service & Sales of LaVergne, TN (just outside Nashville) and they were able to get Lippert to overnight a new one to me.

I'm trying to figure out how you "lost" yours on a bumpy road. Mine was wedged in there pretty tightly and then the securing hardware must have been painted with the rest of the frame so there was no way the nuts were coming loose without some grunting.

The Bird

We think that the pin was not going through the hole all the way. We have adjusted this and aligned the pin to go through all the way. But we did check on the RV lot and all the pins on the door side of the camper were not all the way through. We check these every time we leave a campground and they were secure when we left. Maybe we are doing it wrong but I do not think we are. Maybe we need a new pin too. Not sure. Bought the unit in June 2009 and still learning about it.

trvlrerik

I had one of my "factory" pins come loose due to the inner spring device fall apart. I replaced them with some heavier pins that seem to be alot more secure in regard to staying in place when the arms have no weight on them, I cannot remember the name, I just picked them up at an rv store.

gpshemi

Did not know camping had a season. If you enjoy it then do it year round. LOL

YOU my friend obviously don't live in Michigan. LOL.

We think that the pin was not going through the hole all the way. We have adjusted this and aligned the pin to go through all the way. But we did check on the RV lot and all the pins on the door side of the camper were not all the way through. We check these every time we leave a campground and they were secure when we left. Maybe we are doing it wrong but I do not think we are. Maybe we need a new pin too. Not sure. Bought the unit in June 2009 and still learning about it.

Paint the little end of the pin with bright orange paint using the end of a Q tip? That way you could glance at it and know that the pin is definitely all the way through. Just a thought.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
YOU my friend obviously don't live in Michigan. LOL.

My 5er has wheels so the cold, ice and snow don't cause a problem. We can just move. But you have to be retired. We have camped in the snow at 12 degrees. It was a different experience and at the same time fun. You just have to take extra precautions. BTW I was just messing with you as I know everyone can be retired. Too bad though. Happy Camping. :D