Towing Limit Question

mo11

Yesm, yet another question about towing limits.... Sorry. Ok I have a 2010 ram 2500 with 6.7 cummins, short bed 4x4 crew cab auto trans. My GVWR on the truck is 9600#'s, my tow limit from Dodge is 13450#'s, my 5er dry weight is 9600#'s my 5er hitch weight is 2,075 #'s. My truck payload is 3,590 #'s? Just want to make sure I'm not overtaxing the TV for safety as when I firts hitched up the 5er it looked fine however the TV did look like it squatted ever so slightly? Of course the RV dealer said it looked just about perfect.

Any advise will be helpfull,

Thanks Mo again

Rrloren

Re: Towing

Have similar truck and my 5th weighs over 10m lbs. ready to go and I have no problems. I did add air bags to stop the "chucking" which also took care of any squatting. Your good to go , drive safely.

mo11

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the info. Going to try it for awhile and then decide if I should go with the air bags or not. I understand they are easy to install.

Mo

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the info. Going to try it for awhile and then decide if I should go with the air bags or not. I understand they are easy to install.

Mo

I installed the Firestone Air Bags by myself this past weekend. It was easy. If you can follow directions and use a wrench you should be able to do it. If someone who is recovering from cancer surgery can do it, anybody can do it. BTW I didn't even have to jack up the truck or take the tire off.

Rrloren

Exactly what Jim said. I did mine in the Winter on the garage floor , no lifting or drilling needed unless you want to put the hoses thru the bumper area. My fender wells had holes in them that were perfect for installing the hoses and they are easy access for inflating or deflating.

Last edited: