baking in the oven

ozman

I baked a cake for the first time in my oven. It tasted good but the back side of the pan was much thicker than the front. How do I level this.

jimtoo

Hi ozman,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I don't know where you set your level when you did unhook and do the leveling, but we always level by floor and also check the kitchen counter. Sometimes you just have to hit happy medium.

Enjoy the forum and I'm sure others will jump in also.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Put a pizza stone in the bottom of the oven...well help even out the heating area and everything bakes better...

robnmo

If your talking level, sounds to me like the RV isn't level, if your talking about things not cooking even, we've cooked strictly in cast iron for years and are doing it in the RV makes no difference where the heat is distributed, cast iron heats same throughout. 2 8 inch skillets makes great cakes, just make sure your cast iron is USA made.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We had to remove and replace the oven using a level both on the cook top and the oven rack once we knew our rig was level. In addition to that we cut an oven liner to fit the bottom of the oven to help distribute the heat. We still have a problem now & then but it's much better.

wdk450

If your rig is level (we use the center of the trailer kitchen prep surface as a reference), then check your stovetop surface with a level. Our Amana stovetop/oven was secured into the surround with 4 screws at the inside corners of the cooktop. Remove these screws, shim cooktop/oven to level, reinstall the screws.
BTW, I was more annoyed by all of the frying oil moving to one side of the pan than oven problems.

Good Luck!!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
If your rig is level (we use the center of the trailer kitchen prep surface as a reference), then check your stovetop surface with a level. Our Amana stovetop/oven was secured into the surround with 4 screws at the inside corners of the cooktop. Remove these screws, shim cooktop/oven to level, reinstall the screws.
BTW, I was more annoyed by all of the frying oil moving to one side of the pan than oven problems.

Good Luck!!
That's almost as bad as my egg yolks not staying in the center of the whites. LOL