No napping if someone is walking around in 5th wheel

ozman

all jacks are down. everything is leveled. Still no one can take a nap if someone walks in camper. What else can be done to stop the shaking?

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Re: no napping if someone is walking around in 5th wheel

6 landing struts should do it. (aprox. $250)

Attachments

• IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_0101.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0100.JPG
    IMG_0100.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 58

Rrloren

There are front and rear stabilizers that are made by several Companies that can greatly reduce the movement you are getting. I'm not selling what I got but , for me , they work. Bought from Winfieldrvproducts.com , easy enough to install with no drilling and eliminates just about all movement in my Sundance.
There are many on this site that have stabilizers from other Companies that are happy with thier purchase as well. Do a search on this site or on the internet and choose the one that suits you.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Install either JT Strongarm stabilizers, or the Steadyfast brand...have used both and both work extremely well!!!

TXBobcat

Fulltime

I don't have a Cyclone, but for my Bighorn, like many here, I had JT Strongarm's installed and it was a world of a difference.

BC

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member

This thread was moved out of Ask The Factory because a number of users have replied with some good solutions to the OP's question.

beardedone

Beardedone

I have the LM in my signature. I put the Strongarms on BUT I also felt that there was too much spring in the long frame so what I did is easy and cheap. I got two small mechanical jacks (ie: Toyota etc) and put them on blocks and tighten them up until they are firmly in place and taking a little weight. I put them under the double frame about halfway down the length of the trailer. It makes a big difference.

skh

I went with the Steadyfast on 2011 LM and they help a lot, settles down the washer too. You also need to train people to work on developing their "trailer walk", our son is 22 now and no longer along with us, but he still has a habit of walking lightly on the balls of his feet when shoeless indoors!

caissiel

I relocated the shocks to a better angle and it help a lot in preventing the trailer from moving.
I also bought 6 truck bed cross bars at that I place like the strong arms and have the chance to tighten them snug, thus stopping all movements because they are snug.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

The 'trailer walk' or 'upstairs apartment' walk is the biggest help. If you walk heavy footed nothing will help. Walk like you are trying to sneak up on somebody and there is very little movement.

beasleyrl

I'll second what others have already said. JT Strongarms worked okay. However, if you want real improvement, Trailair (Lippert) Level Up really do the job! We have a washer/dryer in the garage and even with Strongarms, it felt like you were getting massage. However, with Level Up, almost all the vibration is gone. Needless to say, I hardly know the kids and dogs are in the rig when I take my naps!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Without adding the JT Stabilizers, the next best thing you can do is add scissors jacks either just in front of the axles or just behind them. This helps a bit. Another thing is a good job of chocking the wheels. If you use plain old chocks, place the rears first then push the rig against them when parking. With pressure against the rears, place the front chocks in and then do the front and rear legs/stabilizers. This is the best you'll get unless you get JT's or Level up hydraulics.