Satellite signal in bedroom

Buddy32rl

I have a 2011 Greystone 32rl. I use a portable satellite dish and am having trouble using a satellite reciever in the bedroom. I think it has to do with the amp. Can I bypass the antenna amp and get the satellite signal if I use the external "cable jack"?

jimtoo

Hi Buddy,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I am not sure how the Greystone is set up, but would think that if you bypass the amp it should work. I'm sure someone else will jump in soon and that might know for sure.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Buddy32rl

Thanks Jim. Appreciate the hospitality. I almost feel guilty about watching tv while camping. This is our first RV and we are having a blast. Hopefully someone has the answer for me.

jimtoo

Don't feel guilty about it at all....this is the twenty first century. Satellite TV, Cell phone,, WiFi,,A/c,,Electric or hydraulic automatic levelers.... water softeners and filters...:D.... The only time I feel like I'm ruffing it any more is when the wife don't get the sheets washed on time I have to sleep on 200 thread count sheets instead of 600....NOW that's ruffin it..:D

Jim M

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Buddy, You should be able to connect the dish to the "cable" connection outside the RV. In the bedroom tv cabinet, make sure the antenna amp is off. Connect your dish receiver to the amp. That should allow the sat signal to bypass through the amp. directly to the receiver. The rest you should know I assume. Have you ever tried to aim a dish before? Have fun and good luck. Don't feel bad about watching TV while camping, we all do it.

Bernie55

Welcome Buddy. The dealer told me there is a splitter in the ceiling, that feeds the bedroom and living area. therefore you could not hook up two receiver to that cable..I have a 09 Sundance 3300sk, in my bedroom i fished a cable down the wall, into the closet then through the wall into my dresser floor until i was above the basement, then drilled down, and ran the wire along the basement until i got to the UDS, where i attached it next to the satellite cable from the living area...Hope this helps Bernie

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We did similar to what Bernie did in that we ran a separate line to the bedroom. Our rig had what was marked as 2 satellite plugs in the UDC but when I pulled the basement wall off, the 2nd plug wasn't even wired. Great - that gave me the outside plug but I still had to cut and mount a plug in the bedroom as a separate line just for the satellite. By bypassing the cable/tv amp line, I could use either the tv or satellite by simply using the input button on the remote. Good luck

Buddy32rl

Thanks to everyone. Found a solution this morning. The jack assembly incuding the booster is in the ceiling. There are 3 coax cables plus the wires for the booster. Just disconneted the one that is fed from the external cable jack, hooked it direct to the receiver and everything worked great. Drilled a hole in the face plate to run the cable thru and it looks fine. Feel lucky I didnt have to splice or cut anything and will be easy to restore to original setup. We have owned our rv for a couple of months now and just returned from our 3rd trip. Very thankful for this forum and the information it provides. Once again, thanks to everyone.