Layout above the pin box

dvanden75

Does anyone know the layout above the pin box on a 3494QBS I am looking to route the camera wire from the storage compartment below to the pin box area to be able to attached to the truck. Don't want to start drilling holes that can't go no where.

jimtoo

Hi dvanden75,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I can't help you with layout for the pin box area, but someone will jump in soon I'm sure that has run cables for the backup camera. And for those that are wondering,, the 3494QBS is a Big Country 5er.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I'm not sure what you are asking. But when I ran wiring for mid-ship T/Signals, I just ran them with the 7 pin connector wires. Remove the 4 screws that hold the pin box trim and the 2 screws that hold to compartment latch and the front trim will drop down enough to runs wires. I used 2 coat hangers taped together with a loop at one end...taped the wires to the loop and pulled them through. Easy and quick...OH BTW, if you ever decide to install backup lites.....now would be the time to install the wires. There is wiring in the junction box for the 7 pin harness for them already. Blue wire ...I think.

lwmcguir

Our coach uses the blue wire for the Brake and the Purple for the backup lights. That is the way it should be but that doesn't mean everyone else's is wired that way.

jnbhobe

Our coach uses the blue wire for the Brake and the Purple for the backup lights. That is the way it should be but that doesn't mean everyone else's is wired that way.

Standard 7 wire cord will use a 14ga Yellow wire for back-up lights

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
OK OK.......I said "I think". Look I did that mod a year ago. I have a hard time with yesterday. Jon is correct...it is yellow. I went out and looked.

dvanden75

I was mainly concerned with getting the wire up to the pin box from the storage compartment below. If there are obstructions through the flooring overhead