PDA

View Full Version : Sandalwood Decor on Sofa - Looking for feedback

jbeletti
08-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Hey Sundancers,

We are considering a new decor for Sundance. If approved, we will call it Sandalwood. Please take a look at the attached image. We'd like to know if we are on the right track so feel free tell us what you think.

Thanks,

Jim

jmgratz
08-05-2010, 01:22 PM
It is okay but would rather fabric all over.

Netem
08-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Jim, I had Sharon look at it and she says the back looks like camo. Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear but I don't like it either.

GarthJ
08-05-2010, 03:05 PM
I do not like that look. Maybe it would look better with the fabric on the sides and bottom and the cushons in the pleather. The pattern is very busy so I don't think so. But then again when has a trailer ever had a great looking decor

dewwood
08-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Cushions look too busy and I prefer all cloth finish. That's my 2 cents worth.

boatto5er
08-05-2010, 07:37 PM
I like it better than the mystic blue we have. But then that scheme is mostly green anyway (don't know where they got the "blue" in the name).

Flying Dutchman
08-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Not my cup of tea. It looks to 'busy' and 'scattered'. However I am sure somebody would like it.

jbeletti
08-05-2010, 10:58 PM
Great feedback everyone. Thanks for your openness - just what we needed to hear. Keep it coming.

Does anyone actually like it? Need to know that too :)

Jim

slmayor
08-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Ok, I'll be the odd one out. I kind of like it. I'd have to see the companion fabrics before giving it a final blessing, but I can see a lot more decorating possibilities to coordinate with a smaller square pattern like that. Looks modern and clean to me. Take my opinion with a grain of salt, because I was an Art major with a side in decorating...LOL

archbarb
08-06-2010, 06:58 AM
Hooray! Someone else likes it, too! I think it could easily POP with the right accessories...the colors are neutral enough to blend into any overall decor...the pattern is contemporary and yet would look great with most any scheme. I think the kicker will be the border trim and window coverings...I'd like to see the companions to this fabric. Actually, Id love to have it in our BC...I'm a mid century nut and think it would look perfect set against my "eye candy" red accents! BTW most folks agree that I'm a little "off" when it comes to decorating so I can only represent myself.
Barb

LongIslandTodd
08-06-2010, 05:41 PM
I like it. I think its pretty nice. But at the end you and the misses are the ones who have to like it. Thats just the opnion of a truck driver.

TravelTiger
08-06-2010, 08:38 PM
It is more contemporary than I personally prefer, but I could see it in a toy hauler or with more modern decor. Is the Sundance the only line you are thinking of putting this fabric in?

Wharton
08-07-2010, 02:10 AM
I am not thrilled with it. I would prefer a smaller print and the entire sofa covered in it rather than just the back.

JJnLilly
08-07-2010, 07:00 AM
Our Greystone has a similar pattern in only the seat back. In the grand scheme of things it works out, but hope the unit is not made by Seat Tech. If it is certainly hope they do something about how the air mattress is supported at the 'head' of the bed.

hart1369
08-08-2010, 05:28 PM
:cool:i like it but dw doesn't so we know how that ends:eek:

kkamshop
08-08-2010, 05:46 PM
I would prefer the sofa in a solid color so that I could add my own pillows or accessories for that "pop" of color. JMO

MrsSouthernNights
08-08-2010, 06:45 PM
I like the solid color but not the mix on the back. So I guess I half like it!
If the sofa were cloth it also would be better. not a big pleather person!

ChopperBill
08-09-2010, 01:16 AM
I would rather it be all solid or all with the design.

iforget
08-09-2010, 06:29 AM
It is easy to see that finding one couch that fits all is a difficult task. I agree with kahty. I like it but Duane wouldnt. I do like Sams' idea of a solid color so that the ladies can add that "Pop of color" maybe the pillows in that print that is on the couch. IHMO, I would like any comfortable couch (for smaller people too) which could easliy be recovered. If I had to do my furniture all over that is what I would lean towards. A well constructed couch-good bones as they say that stands up to the test of time with the option of recovering as decors change.
Good luck on finding one that fits so many different people.

tcbrady
08-09-2010, 04:18 PM
thanks to all for your feedback - it is greatly appreciated and really does help us make decisions here at the factory.

jbeletti
08-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Thank you forum members and product owners. You really came through.

I am closing this thread now. Look for other opportunities to weigh in on items we are considering and as always, use the Design Ideas sub-forums within each brand community to tell us what you want, what you love, where we are missing the mark and how we can improve our coaches for the next guy. Or even your next Heartland!

Jim