I-94 Road Quality/Conditions

gregd

Hi folks,

We are planning a trip in late September from Oregon to Wisconsin. Was curious how I-94 is through ND, MN, WI. Trip planner shows me going I-94 all the way through.

Our necks are still sore from travelling across SD on I-90 last year (our RV will never be same either).
mad.gif

I was wondering if the pavement quality on I-94 was any better? Any secondary roads worth taking that won't cost too much time?

Thanks,

Greg

grizzlygiant

I-94 is OK but not a lot different from I-90. We travel I-90 cross country once or twice a year and have no complaints (we do have an Airide hitch which helps).

Paul & Nan

Your description of I90 sounds good compared to the roads in Alaska. Potholes and frost heaves are so delightful, NOT. Even I40 through Arkansas will seem good this winter, in comparison. Sometimes 15-20 MPH was to fast up here. Will be on I94 soon, headed home. Nan

gregd

I-94 is OK but not a lot different from I-90. We travel I-90 cross country once or twice a year and have no complaints (we do have an Airide hitch which helps).

I dunno Gary, we were across SD on I-90 last year and damaged the front end of our Class A outside of Sioux Falls. They are in the midst of resurfacing and repaving portions of it. The expansion joints were killer. :(

This year we will be in our new Landmark and dually so it may be different. :cool: