Electronic ignitor

Just got finished installing an electronic ignitor. We had lots of trouble finding one that would fit since the gas supply line runs in the front.

http://www.charbroil.com/default.aspx has them. There are only two pieces to order.

part # G515-0030-W2 (Electronic Ignition Module) $29.99
G515-0017-W2A (Igniter Switch) $4.99

Throw in butt splices, extra wire, and shrink wrap, about $10.

Installation was not very difficult in the Pinehurst, only had to run the module 2' from the stove in order to make it handy for DW to change the battery :D

supplies & tools.jpgWire run.jpgstove.jpgIgnition switch.jpg

2010augusta

Am I reading/seeing it correctly, with the two parts you show, the sparker module can be mounted remotely and only a small button switch is mounted through the front of the stove?

How many "ports" are on that ignition module?

There are 5 ports on this model. Are you looking to hook one to the oven? I've been trying to figure that out but haven't been successful.

2010augusta

Yep, I have the spark tip installed and with some AA modules it work to light the pilot, but I could not fit the module in the range.

So is the char-broil unit a remote mount module?

Alan,
It is a remote module with two wires from the switch to the module. I saw it on a grill that Katrina's mom bought and got the thought to get it.

jimtoo

Thanks, I have to book mark it and order it once I get some "play" money.

Alan,,, your "play" money just turned into,,, or will very soon, ,, turn into "BABY" money. :D :D

But it will be worth it... they are precious things to have. (But,,,, beware,,,,,Babies grow up into teenagers!!!) :D