Replacing exterior bulbs

Buddy32rl

I have the 32rl. Both the exterior lights are out, I am assuming the bulbs are bad. I am referring to the "security light" and the "porch light". They did not go out at the same time, but we have only used the rv 3 times, we bought it new a couple of months ago. I looked at the fixtures and did not see any screws or fasteners that could be removed to change the bulbs. I am a little concerned on how quickly they went out and wonder if I may have some other issue. Or it could just be the bulbs. Anyway any advice on how to take apart the fixture to replace the bulb would be appreciated. Now I'll just sit and wait for the"How many Texans does it take to change a light bulb" jokes to start pouring in. LOL Thanks

lwmcguir

Over the past months several folks have had premature bulb failures. Some thought it was the Chinese lamps which could be a factor. Check your voltage when hooked to shore power and see where the 12V system is operating.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The porch lamp lens just pops off with a small screwdriver. Caution, put some clear sylicone on the lens when you reinstall it, 3-4 little dabs. The have been known to blow off. At least mine did. Cant tell you on the security lite...never changed one.

Irishman

I just changed the porch light and the security light on the door side. You will need a 1141 bulb for the porch light and a 1156 for the security light. Go to wal-mart in the automotive section for the 12 volt lights.
As stated before on the porch light just take the lens off. On the security light they have 4 screws (Phillips Head) located toward the inside of the cover. approx 1/2 in form the outside. Hope this helps.