Slide Hydraulic Ram Holes

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I finally got around to putting rubber covers over the three hydraulic ram openings in my frame today. Used an old inner tube to make pieces the right size (4x4, roughly), with a 1/2" hole for the ram to run through. Attached them with a sheet metal screw and then taped the edges and the slit (to fit over the ram) with Gorilla tape. There were a couple of other small holes near electrical boxes, so I just covered them with Gorilla tape. I had screened and foamed some of the larger holes in the frame last year, but didn't know how to do the ram holes until another owner posted his similar fix on the forum (sorry, I don't remember your name).

Next project is to close off the front jack openings in the garage floor with some strips of the inner tube. Then figure out how to close off the front wall between the jacks and the frame.

For those that might recall my dealing with mice a few weeks ago, I did find one more in the garage trap after we were gone for a week. But none of the other traps were sprung. Before we left the last time, I got one of those ultrasonic mouse deflector gizmos and plugged it under the kitchen counter overhang. Did not find any mouse droppings inside since doing that. We don't have the cats with us this visit, so I don't have my backup team in place.