How Hot Is It? This Hot!

jimtoo

At least this is the way it feels.

PopCornPic.jpg

loafer

Thats funny Jim yes its hot all over this great country we live in hope it cools off a little some time soon
Take care and drink lots( of water that is ) LOL
Bill

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Yep, it sure is that kind of hot. We were camping two weekends ago when the temp on both Saturday and Sunday hit a new record for Virginia of 105 with a heat index of 115. The single a/c in our Landmark kept the camper "cooler" than the outside, but certainly not the way we like it. Just couldn't keep up. Water was just pouring down the side of the rig from the humidity. Biggest problem was the refrigerator. Couldn't keep in in the range we like. Of course the campground we were at only had 30 AMP service so we kept kicking the circuit breaker until I got my head out of you know where and switch both the hot water heater and the refer to gas instead of electric. Damage had already been done by then. The temp on the refer was up to 56 and I couln't get it to come back down. Had to wait until we got home and then defrost the refrigerator (the back wall of the freezer was covered with frost about 1/4 inch thick). After claeaning it out, the refirigerator returned to the 36-37 degress we like to keep it at. LESSON LEARNED

olcoon

It's been so hot here in Missouri the last few weeks, the cows are giving evaporated milk!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well here at Mansville, NY at the Arrowhead Marina and RV Park it got up to about 79* today. Didn't even turn on the A/C all day. Got down to about 62* last night.

I hope everyone here in NY appreciates the cool weather we brought with us.

BC

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It was this hot here in East Texas 2 days ago and has not cooled off yet.

Attachments

• temp 8-2-10  2  edited.jpg
    temp 8-2-10 2 edited.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 11

Delaine and Lindy

Delaine and I came to Colorado the first week of June for our National Rally. And went onto Wyoming and after talking to family back in Tennessee we decided to stay until the weather cools down, we will be back at home base in Tennessee in Sept. We are in Beuna Vista, Colorado, next stop Rifle Colorado, (West Fest) then Moab Utah, Monument Valley, Gallup New Mexico and then several stops back to Tennessee. Then prepare for our winter trip to Arizona. We be in Casa Grande for the winter. We have heat on in the mornings and A/C in the late afternoons. Have had temps of 49 degrees to a high of 90 degrees but very little humidity. Life is Good. GBY...

sharmulst

It was 53 in Houlton, Maine this morning. Our high was 78 so we haven't used any a/c for a couple days. It has been wonderful. Heading for the Maritime Provinces tomorrow. Really looking forward to that.

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Delaine and I came to Colorado the first week of June for our National Rally. And went onto Wyoming and after talking to family back in Tennessee we decided to stay until the weather cools down, we will be back at home base in Tennessee in Sept. We are in Beuna Vista, Colorado, next stop Rifle Colorado, (West Fest) then Moab Utah, Monument Valley, Gallup New Mexico and then several stops back to Tennessee. Then prepare for our winter trip to Arizona. We be in Casa Grande for the winter. We have heat on in the mornings and A/C in the late afternoons. Have had temps of 49 degrees to a high of 90 degrees but very little humidity. Life is Good. GBY...

Now that's the life!!

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Well we all know it wont last.
The other evening at the Jersey Shore it was 77 degrees which felt so comfortable and cool after all this hot weather, I had to put a sweater on..

Duane... No comments needed from YOU!!

RollingHome

We wine, we cry cause it's amost 100 even in PA. Just remember our young boyze and giurls in Iraq and Afhanganland, How do they do it 110+ F ? God bless them and may they come home to their families safe :) ta

Uncle Rog

Howdy, I feel the pain of you folks "out in the middle".
This is the coolest summer that any one here can remember!
We are 45 miles from Palm Springs where they have had 110+ consistently for several weeks.
Our place has been in the high 50's - 80's for the last couple of weeks, usually 100+ for us too.
Sadly it is supposed to go up to the 90's this weekend.........................

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We wine, we cry cause it's amost 100 even in PA. Just remember our young boyze and giurls in Iraq and Afhanganland, How do they do it 110+ F ? God bless them and may they come home to their families safe :) ta

Yes and they wear all the protective gear and carry all that stuff. God Bless and Keep our Service people.

hcriddle

I was in Iraq in 06-07 training Iraqi police. Hottest day I saw was 137 degrees. Body armor weighed in at a measly 83 pounds. What was really amazing to me was that it would still be 115 degrees at 10 o'clock at night! I found that hot is relative. I don't complain so much about the 101 in Houston today.