Kitchen sink in RL3500 is leaking at the counter edge.

caissiel

Today my wife told me that the stuff under the kitchen sink was getting wet.
I looked at the center of the sink where the counter and the sink are together and noticed that the counter is seperating from the sink.

I look under, and saw that the sink is hanging from the bottom of the countertop and the only thing holding the sink there is the silicone that is between the sink and the countertop. Now the sink is seperating from the countertop.

Anyone encountered this as I think I can screw supports to hold the sink on the framing.
Are my supports missing or is this standard procedure to hang the sink under the countertop by just the silicone holding it.

Its a normal procedure if the sink is over the counter, but in our situation the sink is under the countertop.

jnbhobe

I think this has been covered many times a couple of years ago. Do a google search and I think you will get answers. If I remember right most people put in sink clamps and just recaulked. JON

jbeletti

Laurent,

Contact Heartland Customer Service and inquire about sink clips and screws. I think we missed these on a few RVs unfortunately.

Jim

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Laurent, just in case there's no info with the clips, there are four on my sink. One at either end and two at the rear, behind each basin. There aren't any clips in the front edge, though. Not sure it there should be, but so far the sink has been holding fine. Only leaks we've had were the large flange nuts on the drain connections getting a little loose.

View attachment 9738View attachment 9739