Strange 7-way junction box location on 2011 21FBS

chrispitude

Hi everyone,

I went to pick up my North Trail 21FBS at the dealer today. I intended to install my Propride hitch (similar to a Hensley Arrow) in the dealer parking lot, and tow the unit home. However, I ran into some clearance conflicts with the hitch install, so I towed the unit home on the ball (it wasn't too bad actually) and I'll do the install here at home.

One of the major clearance issues is the fact that the 7-way junction box is about halfway between the tongue jack and the spare tire, and this is right where one of the hitch components must be attached to the frame:

IMG_2264__scaled_512.jpg

Sean at ProPride said he's never seen the 7-way junction box mounted like this, out towards the front of the tongue. He said he's normally seen it back near the body of the trailer itself, which is also where I've normally seen them.

The breakaway brake switch is also in the way, but that won't be as difficult to relocate.

Can I ask you guys to share where your 7-way junction boxes are located, and which North Trail model you have? This will give me some ideas about practical places to relocate it. Descriptions would be good, pictures would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_2264__scaled_512.jpg
    IMG_2264__scaled_512.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 6