Ingredients.......

18 thumb sized Jalapeno peppers split lengthways with seeds removed

1 lb Jimmy Dean hot sausage

8 oz cream cheese

8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese

4 oz shredded parmesan cheese

1 small onion chopped fine

4 or more (we like more) cloves garlic chopped fine

Fry sausage. Crumble and drain. Mix with all other ingredients. Stuff jalapeno halves. Can be baked for 25 minutes at 350 F. We have found we like them better grilled. Go low and slow. Look for the perfect grill marks.

These were a big hit in Nashville at the rally.

Dick

jbeletti

Oh my gosh - thank you Dick and Reta. I remember someone at the rally forcing one of these tasty treats on me in the chow line and for the life of me, I could not recall who it was. Twas you and here's the recipe. Thank you!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Thanks Dick - Nat and I will try to fix these out at Bristol next weekend. If I goof - will ya'll come down and make them for us???(heehee)

hoefler

Here is one to try too:

"Crickets"

Medium Jalepenos Cut length wise, seed and stem removed
Cream cheese
Bacon ( We prefer Maple cured )
Tooth Pics or skewers

Fill pepper halves with cream cheese, wrap with bacon and secure with a tooth pic or on a skwere

Cook with low heat on the grill and keep a spray bottle handy. Light flare ups are good, adds flavor, but try keep them to a minimum. Cook until bacon is done, approx. 45 minutes. Serve while hot. If cooked long enough, the peppers will not be spicy hot.

DW_Gray

I'm really bummed. I missed trying those out in Nashville. Thanks so much for the recipe.