Loud Furnace

We have a 2010 2900 mk and when we fire up the furnace there is a loud humming noise when we turn it on.It sounds like the tubing in the furnace and it only lasts about 5 seconds and then it is normal.We have friends that have a tent trailer and it wakes them all night everytime it kicks in.It's loud enough you can hear it a couple sites away.Any thoughts to make it quiet would be great.

Maybe a little.But nothing really noticable.The furnace works great except for the humming noise at start up for the people around be.You can hardly hear it when your inside.

Rrloren

Have the same unit and do not have that issue. I would take it back to the Dealer , if it does it every time they should have no problem diagnosing it.

Maybe I should take it back.It does do it every time.. I just like fixing stuff myself when possible.As long as it won't cost me more in the long run.lol

MC9

When I got my 2010 2900MK the furnace sounded like a "card in the spokes". Took off the outside cover and checked it out. Found the plastic caps from the gas connections in the squirrel cage fan. Couldn't hurt to look. While you are at it check the mounts and vacuum the sawdust out.

Well I took the trailer back to the dealer yesterday for the furnace and a few other things.They think it sounds like the furnace is sucking to much air.When I get it back I will update what was wrong.