Flush system for black water tank.

marina5

I have a Big Country 3250TS and when I use the flush system water pours out under the floor between the toilet sewer pipe and the stairs where there is two water hoses and the vent pipe going up to the roof in the wall between the washroom and the stairs.
Is there possibly a check valve in the wall that can be leaking and if so is it fastened in the wall or could it be removed by pulling it down with the hoses into the area under the floor to repair or replace it?
Any information of where the water could be coming from would be greatly appreciated.

jimtoo

Yes, there is a check valve, vacuum breaker in the wall. (Not sure of proper name) It is to prevent water from the black tank from going back into the water system when you flush the black tank and when your finished and disconnect hose it does not trap water in pipe. I think it is secured in the wall. I think most people just cut and splice the water pipes and install a shut off valve in the UDC.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Are you using a pressure regulator on your hose. I didn't one time and had water running out everywhere. Tore the wall apart just to find out it was "pilot error".

jbeletti

Marina,

The 2 water lines you see may be the in and out to the vacuum breaker. Contact Heartland Customer Service to determine where that item is located on a 2008 BC. In later model years, we moved it to behind the shower access port, just below the shower faucet.

For now - discontinue use of the black tank flush system until you get this all sorted out. We cannot do this at the factory due to RVIA regulation, but some customers remove the vacuum breaker from the line cutting the in/out line and splicing them together. If one were to do this, it would be advised to add a check valve at the water hose connection in the UDC. I run one there as well.

By the way, here's a wiki page for the vacuum breaker.

Bet of luck,

Jim

B

bwwalczak

You have received information already.

The contact phone number for Heartland customer service is: 574-262-8030.

jagiv

I really appreciate the wiki on how the flush is supposed to work, Jim.

I also will be getting another pressure regulator, this one for my black tank flush hose.

I learned two new things this morning. Love this Forum!

John

marina5

Thanks everybody for your help:

I do use a pressure regulator and with everybody's help I have confirmed what my problem is and I am now going to bypass the vacuum breaker and put a check valve in the line.

Thanks again