Wet and Forget cleaner???

2010augusta

I have been seeing Wet & Forget advertised on TV lately, and wondered if anyone has used it on their rubber roof. It seems like I am fighting a losing battle trying to keep the algae and mildew off the roof, and now as we are returning to the wet season in the PNW, I want to get a leg up on the issue before it gets worse.

lwmcguir

The best thing I could recommend is a cleaner/sanitizer with Isothiazolin as part of the ingredients. The chemical will keep the algae/mildew under control for 30 days or more. It is a skin sensitizer so if you are highly alergic to poision ivey, wear gloves and dont get on your skin. (dont get it on your skin anyway)

Nell

I haven't used this product on my rubber roof but I did use it back in March on my deck which was covered in black mold. Here in the south we have a huge mold problem with everything. We had a very wet spring and the black mold was forming so rapidly I bought the product from Costco and applied it to the deck leaving out the steps so I had something to compare. Nearly 6 months later and no additional work on the deck and it is free of mold, whereas the steps are covered in it. So the product definitely works, now you have me considering whether to do a test on my roof.......