Fender extentions on augusta

jhead100

Anyone having trouble with the fender extentions coming off? They are plastic and the screws are vibrating through. Does Heartland have a fix for this cheap way of extending the fenders? Oh and they painted the coach after they installed the extentions.

PSF513

I have had the same issue with my BigHorn. Only fix I have found is to put some glue, permatex, etc on the screws and replace them. So far (3 trips) it has worked without the screws loosening again.

Good Luck!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Besides most of the screw holes are stripped out, the biggest cause is the flimsy brackets they to secure the center at the bottom. I just fixed mine this weekend. I made new brackets from some scrap 1" aluminum angle. Depending on the model you have...every bracket mounts different. You just have to wing it. Mine are as solid as a rock now. No more flapping in the breeze. 1 thing that helped was getting longer screws and drilling into the steel bracing for the slides for the screws that are that high. I also installed speed nuts behind some of them.