Landmark Chokes Between the Bathroom and the Bed

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
I noticed when I have looked at new Landmarks, that the one thing that my wife and I found disconcerting was that you have to either walk through the bathroom, or turn sideways, when you walk between the all-in-one bathroom and the bed. One friend ordered the queen sized bed, but they still had the same problem, as they ended up with more space between the bed and closet, and not at the choke point. The Landmark is gorgeous in the kitchen and family room, but I find the bedroom to be way too small, for such a large coach. Any way we could get a new Landmark floorplan with more walking space in the bedroom, especially around the bed and bathroom area? I am surprised that no one else has mentioned this problem in the floorplan discussion, as talking to many folks, that's what bothers them the most. I am just bringing this point up to open the discussion. Any thoughts?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I've noticed this issue ever since the majority of the floorplans now have the side-aisle bath...we love the openess of our suite bath, and don't plan on giving it up any time soon for this one major reason.....in our opinion.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There is only so much room in that end of the coach. So, if you want a king-sized bed (which we love) you have to sacrifice something. Since we only sleep in the bedroom that lack of space does not bother us.

wdk450

Larry;
WOW! You MUST be recouperating well from your surgery to be out looking at Landmarks!!!

Best Regards,

gregd

There is only so much room in that end of the coach. So, if you want a king-sized bed (which we love) you have to sacrifice something. Since we only sleep in the bedroom that lack of space does not bother us.

I agree. We have a king bed in our Rushmore and since we spend the majority of our time in the living areas, the walkways in the bedroom were a great trade for extra open space elsewhere. The two floor plan features that were the most important to us were the island kitchen and corner-round shower.

jbeletti

Larry,

Thanks for your feedback. I checked with the plant and was told that on the queen bed in the side aisle Landmark, the bed remains centered, which means you would pick up half the difference in width on each side of the bed. So that's what - 3" per side?

Keep on studying - I see a Landmark in your future.

Thanks,

Jim

2010augusta

Going from a RV king to a Queen SHOULD free up 10", so I it were centered it would add about 5" each side. It can be done after the fact and add all the space to the bath side. Here is what it looks like. The mattress use to touch the wall, so we freed up a lot of space
//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=9647&d=1281136745

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Going from a RV king to a Queen SHOULD free up 10", so I it were centered it would add about 5" each side. It can be done after the fact and add all the space to the bath side. Here is what it looks like. The mattress use to touch the wall, so we freed up a lot of space
And got a couple nifty shelves to boot! We like the open bath concept as well. Lin feels a bit claustrophobic in the side isle bath rigs that we've visited. Although, the Grand Canyon might work for us. If I win the lotto that is.

Larryheadhunter

Can't a guy dream through the haze, Bill? If you were stuck in a hospital bed for 3 months, what's better than picturing a Landmark in our future? Gotta have that king size bed according to Debbi, my DW, and since my Big Horn got totaled today, the thought of a 2012 Landmark makes the physical therapy less painful. I think JimBo is on to something....... but I got a strange premonition, Debbi is just faking me out. And Alan, I think you got the pic from the wrong side. The space between the bed and the all-in-one bathroom seems awfully tight for a chubby guy like me. Please don't give the wife any excuse for making me go on a diet.............. palease!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Can't a guy dream through the haze, Bill? If you were stuck in a hospital bed for 3 months, what's better than picturing a Landmark in our future? Gotta have that king size bed according to Debbi, my DW, and since my Big Horn got totaled today, the thought of a 2012 Landmark makes the physical therapy less painful. I think JimBo is on to something....... but I got a strange premonition, Debbi is just faking me out. And Alan, I think you got the pic from the wrong side. The space between the bed and the all-in-one bathroom seems awfully tight for a chubby guy like me. Please don't give the wife any excuse for making me go on a diet.............. palease!

Larry...did I miss something somewhere...your "Bighorn got totaled today"....what happened???

Kevin and Henny White

Past California-Central Chapter Leaders
Yes glad to here that your are enjoying getting up and about. I was very happy to here that all went well as back surgery can be very different for eveyone you were in our prayers. Do tell had not heard that your rig was totaled. was just reading your blog on the buellton ralley sounds like you will have a good turnout.

Larryheadhunter

I have created a new thread in the General Forum, called The Sad Story of Larryheadhunter's totaled Big Horn for all who wish to lament with me.