Quick-disconnect dining table

wyealbert

Has anyone come up with a way to quickly disconnect the mounting screws in the dining table legs in the Sundance so that it could be moved out to the middle of the floor? I'm sure there is some device that would do it, but I'm not sure what it would be.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
If your concern is that you want to move the table out to use it and move it back when getting ready to travel.

What we found was that if you unbolt the table and just leave it unbolted it will stay with out being bolted down. We actally found that we used the table and chairs so seldom that we replaced it with a 5cu freezer and a cabinet around it for more storage and a place to put our portable ice maker.

BC

jnbhobe

But then you have to reinstall screws for travel. Doesn't sound very "quick".

I've taken the screws out of the table on all my freestanding tables. My wife straps down the chairs most of the time, but never the table. Nothing ever moves around

mlburst1

We removed the table hold down screws and installed two floor mounted D-rings and travel straps that matched the chair straps - purchased from Strapworks.com http://www.strapworks.com/

This also enabled us to turn the table 90 degrees while traveling which allows access to the rear of the trailer with the sides in.

Mike

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
wyealbert, we do as jnphobe does, and what jmgratz said, unscrew the table and leave it. It does not move.

Peace
Dave

Duramax1

We removed the table hold down screws and installed two floor mounted D-rings and travel straps that matched the chair straps - purchased from Strapworks.com http://www.strapworks.com/

This also enabled us to turn the table 90 degrees while traveling which allows access to the rear of the trailer with the sides in.

Mike

This sounds like a great suggestion.

Without being in the trailer, I am trying to imagine where you position the four chairs for travelling?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We took two of the chairs out as it gives us more room. Also we don't tie the chairs down as they haven't moved around yet.