2010 DODGE 3500 Mega cab, 6.7 diesel

sgtbigb

Well I tried to buy a new 2011 Chevy or Ford with the increase HP and Touqe. But my DW just love the Mega Cab Space. So I made a deal for a 2010 3500 Mega cab Laramie. The color mates my new Landmark:angel:

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Congrats on the new truck Gene. Can't wait to see it in Spring at the rally.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new ride. Hope you enjoy it was much as we love our's, nickname Rammy. Our BC doesn't weigh enough to add bags so at this time we do not have bags.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I think there are a couple that have. I have them on my GMC 2500 and love them.

jimtoo

Hi Gene,

The Chev Crew Cab is bigger than the megacab isn't it?? To late now I guess... Congratulations on your new truck anyway...

I put airbags on my dually... not necessarily to carry the load, but to make the ride better. When loaded and ready to go,, my truck was about 1/2" from the overloads.. so every little bump or dip in the road it hit the overloads and clanked and made for rough ride. I installed air bags.... took the overload brackets off the frame so I did not mess with the springs. Now I get really smooth ride with about 30# air...

Jim M

lwmcguir

Sure do and on the F550 as well. Only way to go. How else would you level out the TV and the Coach and still have the ability to have a softer ride empty? In my opinion all TV should come standard with them. All heavy tractors use them for the same reason.

sgtbigb

Just had my first tow with the 2010 Dodge 3500 SWD. I decided that I will get the Air Bags, The truck swated a bit, so I will get the air bags install next week!

beardedone

Beardedone
I have air bags on the truck, the pin box and the centre point air for the trailer springs also. It all makes a big difference.

DW_Gray

Yep, get the air bags. I recently posted that I have them but didn't really need them and only used about 30 psi. Well after looking under the truck last week when hooked up, I saw the lower springs sitting on the straight bar. Lesson learned. Even the 3500 needs more lift. I increased the psi to 60 and oh what a difference. The ride was so much smoother. I wish I leaned that sooner. (Note, my pin weight is 3600 pounds which is still far from maximum for a 3500.)