RVQ btu rating?

Blackcloud

I was wondering if anyone can tell me the BTU rating of the RVQ grill. I cant seem to find this info anywhere. I'm trying to figure out how usefull the RVQ is compared to other lightweight grills.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I'm going to guess it's 12,000 btu. For the money, we like our Weber Q120. It's the same as the Q100 but has folding side tables. I like the portability and love the even heating and cast iron grate. A bit heavy but the best small grill I've ever owned.

Blackcloud

I'm looking at the Coleman Road Trip which has a 20,000 BTU rating. I would prefer the RVQ because I wouldn't have to bring extra propane bottles but I dont want to end up with a weak grill that takes forever to cook steaks.

Ray LeTourneau

I'm looking at the Coleman Road Trip which has a 20,000 BTU rating. I would prefer the RVQ because I wouldn't have to bring extra propane bottles but I don't want to end up with a weak grill that takes forever to cook steaks.
I really can't speak for the Coleman grill. There is another thread out there covering this subject as well. I can say for sure, the WeberQ is no slouch when it comes to grilling. It's not always about BTU's. Design has a lot to do with it. The Weber has very even heat distribution and gets darn hot. The only downside to most small grills is the room under cover. I love to do wings hanging on a wing rack. It won't fit under the cover. As for the extra propane bottle, I like the ability to put my grill wherever I want.

Blackcloud

I think I am goinr to go with a portable grill, the Weber sounds like a much better grill for less money. I've never heard of a wing rack and I gotta know where I can get one!

GOTTOYS

Anything other than a Weber Q is a waste of money. Simply the BEST! No flare-ups, cast iron grate, easy to clean...Don

grizzlygiant

I had an RVQ. Put it beside the road in front of my RV in hopes someone would take it. After a week I took itto the dump.

Ray LeTourneau

I think I am goinr to go with a portable grill, the Weber sounds like a much better grill for less money. I've never heard of a wing rack and I gotta know where I can get one!
Here is a link to the Wing Rack and here is another one I have both and they work equally well. They will not fit under the cover of the smaller grills but work great under a charcoal Weber or any gas grill. Use a seasoning of your choice, hang the wings and cook on low heat for about 45 minutes. OK, I gotta go get a paper towel, I started to drool.

archbarb

I ordered the Weber Q120 yesterday, can't wait to get it:). A friend of ours here in town is a Weber dealer and was able to give me a super deal on one. My wife's brother has one and say's it the best portable grill he has ever had. I now use an inexpensive grill and it has flare-ups all the time:(. When on the road we grill every chance we get. Anything that will make my outdoor cooking better and easier, I'm all for it.

Archie