Timbren Helper Springs

micar

Anybody using the Timbren Aeon helper springs?.Was thinking about putting a set on my 2500HD to help the stock springs and the Bilstein HD shocks...got just a little bit of sag right now,seem like a good idea but would like some imput from people who have used them.
Thanks Mike

lwmcguir

Anybody using the Timbren Aeon helper springs?.Was thinking about putting a set on my 2500HD to help the stock springs and the Bilstein HD shocks...got just a little bit of sag right now,seem like a good idea but would like some imput from people who have used them.
Thanks Mike

Bunch of folks using them and they seem to like them. If you can swing it go with air bags, you will never be sorry about that. Much more flexibility if you use your truck for other things besides the Coach. Should be able to get them for less than $300 and you can add the on board compressor on a later budget. We have Timbrens on and old 4X4 but would go air if it wasnt older. Have air on all the rest and love it.

sgtbigb

Which air bags is better?, the Firestones or the Air Lift, seems to be a cost difference!

PSF513

Can only speak from personal experience. My Firestones make the ride so much better. I think, beside the TriGlide, they are the best investment I made in my RV to date

jnbhobe

Which air bags is better?, the Firestones or the Air Lift, seems to be a cost difference!

Gene; I'm not sure witch is better I have the air-lift bags. The Price was right for me. They both have been around for a long time. JON

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I like my Air Lift bags that I bought from another Heartland owner. I don't know about the Firestone bags.

micar

Thanks for the info....was kinda leaning toward airbags but scared by cost of bags and compressor etc....also have a buddy with bags on his van with the compressor and a remote and he has had no end of troubles.Was also a little concerned with performance in the cold weather,lines freezing,bags becoming brittle and breaking???any thoughts on this.
Mike

rideblue

I have the Firestone airbags and live in the high sierra mountain range in CA. Commonly 15 degrees in the winter. Used to have to drive to work through snow, freezing rain, etc. I have had no problems with my bags at all. This is definitely the best investment I have made to my truck for when I tow my rather heavy trailer. Makes the truck drive so much better when towing. The bags are for sure worth the money.

micar

Installed the air-lift today.Five hours to install,one of the hardest parts was removing the old jounce bumpers!!! rusty and a little hard to get at.Now looking forward to hauling the 5er with them.
Mike