Our First RV

Well, we did it! We bought our first RV - a Heartland 22FDS. We took it on it's maiden voyage last weekend for a 4 day camping trip with the family and loved it! I grew up camping out of a cab-over camper in desert southwest (AZ) and have the best memories. I wanted my kids (10 & 4) to have some of those great memories as well! We love the camper and my wife, who is 8 months pregnant, loved the A/C and 'home-like' feel. It sure beat tent camping.

I've already learned a some helpful information on this forum and look forward to checking in often! Thanks, everyone, for the advice and information.

jimtoo

Hi DeanFamilyFun,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Glad you had a great first voyage and I'm sure you will make many good memories with the little ones. And I'm sure your wife enjoyed the A/C being that far along.

Take care and have good times.

Jim M

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your new "home away from Home". We raised our kids tent camping and Boy Scouting camping and loved it. Travel, enjoy and teach your young'n how great our country is.

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
Dean Family
I can hear the excitement in your post and am trilled that the wife is happy too. Giving your children the experience of camping and family connection will be priceless. You are in the center of the country which means you have lot to see no matter which way you head.
Hope we meet up next year for the Rally in Goshen to hear how the kids are enjoying their new camper.

seaweaver

Yay - another 22FDS owner! We have had ours for two summers, and have more than 5,000 miles with it. We have not done any mods; it's great the way it is. The only thing I cannot figure out is where the water heater by-pass is. If you find it, can you let us know?

We love the 22FDS and the Heartland quality.
-Mrs. Weaver