Refrigerator Noise

Clymer

Hi there
Its your problem child owners in Pennsylvania with the 2011 Big Country 3500RL. :D

Can you tell me if the refrigerator should be making a noise inside the camper??? The same noise can be heard on the outside of the camper as the inside and does not do it all the time. We had our servicing dealer check it out just 2 weeks ago and they said the fan needed to be lubed and they did that. The unit still makes the noise and it is quite loud....we have never heard this noise in any of our other 5 RV's all with this same refrigerator and other Heartland Owners state that they don't have the noise either. Again its a loud machine hum noise.

Thanks much

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Not being there and hearing the noise. I still would bet that there is an issue with the cooling fan.

Jimmy

I have the same noise and it is very annoying, especially if the A/C is not running. Dealer told me it was normal, I got my doubts, lets see what other folks say...

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I have two fans and never hear them. I think/hope they're working. Never checked? Anyway, your fridge is in a slide out, right? Get a ladder and go up and remove the upper access panel outside on the slide out wall. You may need a screwdriver to turn the two locking devices 1/4 turn. Pull the panel off and see if it's the fans/fans making the noise. My guess is they are not firmly mounted and are vibrating on the mounting bar.

B

bwwalczak

Just a quick response - from the hip - this is a very rare occurance.

If the noise stopped or become quieter after lubricating the fan, the bearing in the fan itself could be going bad. This is just another possible diagnosis.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We had an annoying buzzing noise which seemed to be coming from the fridge on our '07 3055RL. After several trips to the dealer and not finding anything, another dealer found a bad convertor. It was replaced and the buzzing stopped.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jay, you might have hit on it. It's the "ol' buzzing converter trick". Had one of those.