TrailAir Equa Flex or Dexter E-Z Flex?

gpshemi

Which one is better for our Cyclone? I know Heartland seems to use the E-Z Flex at the factory, but since I don't have either currently, I'm thinking I can put either on.

Also, anyone know how to add shocks while I'm ad it? I have a little mig welder that's great for that stuff.

MC9

My 2010 Sundance came with Equaflex. Theoretically, the Equaflex is supposed to be about the same as shocks. The angle the shocks would have to be, would render them somewhere between useless and a detriment. The living room slide has a connecting bar between the slideout arms that is in the way also. I just installed wet bolts that I ordered from Trailair (half the price of Morrydes wet bolt kit)

Yianni

I put these on my 2010 3010 Cyclone-http://dexteraxle.com/e_z_flex_equalizers
I tried to order the Trail Air from Tweedy's. They called me to check and then had me call Trail Air. Trail Air said their product would not fit my Cyclone because it could not cover the spread between my axles. I found this odd so I went ahead and ordered the Dexter and have been very happy with them.
I installed them myself in about half a day with wet bolt kit.

Attachments

• Stampede May 2010 237 (800x600).jpg
    Stampede May 2010 237 (800x600).jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 200

gpshemi

One thing I like is they look WAY more beefy then what's under there now. We've put 3000 miles on ours, and I've been reading about alot of failures with equalizers and shackles these days below 6000 miles (some at 2000). After watching how much the wheels / axles "rack" when maneuvering into a camp site this past weekend I'm thinking that this might be a good install. Maybe even weld some angle in I-beam near the spring hangers for good measure since I have it apart for the install.

The Trail-Air not fitting is interesting. I wouldn't have guessed that. I've seen Cedar Creeks with them that look to have as much spacing as my Cyclone. Dexter's don't look like a bad unit, but I didn't know if one was better then the other for some reason was all.

Thanks.

lwmcguir

CP and an air pin are the two best things you can do for your coach. Really reduces the effect of cracks and potholes. A side benefit is almost complete elimination of chucking. Best money we ever spent on the coach so far.

gpshemi

Center point would be nice, but A) it's alot of money, and B) I wonder if it's a tad overkill on a triple really. I don't know.

I would like to get a new pin though. I got the impression from an earlier post I made that Mor-Ryde was better for chucking, and air pins were better for bucking. Thought I'd go with the Mor-Ryde this winter maybe.

Yianni

GPSHEMI,
Don't waste your money on the Mor Ryde pin box. I found out the hard way. It may be fine for other trailers but for the pin heavy Cyclones it did not do much. I used it once and then sold it on Craigs List an from the recommendation of another member bought the 5th Airborne. Big difference. The 5th Airborne has a shock to deal with chucking and an air bag for bouncing. My wife noticed immediately the difference between the two.
I'm not putting down the Mor Ryde, it just did not do well for a Cyclone. Hope I saved you some money.
And one more thing, the factory fairing will fit back over the 5th Airborne and will not fit on the Mor Ryde.

lwmcguir

Center point would be nice, but A) it's alot of money, and B) I wonder if it's a tad overkill on a triple really. I don't know.

I would like to get a new pin though. I got the impression from an earlier post I made that Mor-Ryde was better for chucking, and air pins were better for bucking. Thought I'd go with the Mor-Ryde this winter maybe.

WE have had both pins as well as some other folks. The air pins are way better for chucking as well. Take a look at the design and you will see you have much more available movement with the air. Nothing wrong with the Mor-Ryde if you don't mind a bit of chucking on the concrete hi ways.

gpshemi

Man you get reading and you get all sorts of opinions don't ya?

Looks like Dexter's E-Z Flex and Trail Air's Equa Flex are about par with each other. Mor Ryde makes a set too. The CE3000 I think it was, but they cost about double from my conversations with them.

For a pin box there's all sorts of choices there too.

The thing I liked about the Mor-Ryde was that it doesn't have any maintenance. However, if it just flat out doesn't work as well, then it's a waste of money really. When you spend this much on a rig...well...in for a penny in for a pound right?

Trail Air's pin seems decent, but almost everywhere I read it's more for up and down movement (bucking) which my truck seems to handle fine.

Dexter's Glide Ride was a recommendation over at NuWa. They thought it worked better then Mor-Ryde for chucking. I read a few complaints about clunking noises, but it seems they've added some rubber stops to solve that. Also read about some early versions having some weld cracking, but they've addressed that too. It has no maintenance. That's a good thing. The heavier the pin weight, the better they seem to work too. So should fit a Cyclone well I'd guess.

5th airborne seems a little like a cleaned up Trail Air. Read some reviews that said it didn't work as well in a direct comparision of the two. Trail Air handled the bucking better, 5th handled the chucking better. Saw a KZ owner that hated his so much he had the dealer put the original solid pin back on. Said customer service was lousy at best.

Lastly, Air Safe pin. I can't find much information on it, and the web site is cheesy as all get out. Not sure that's a great sign. I wrote them for some more info.

Perhaps Trail Air's Tri Glide would be the best solution period. Pretty pricey though.

lwmcguir

Man you get reading and you get all sorts of opinions don't ya?

Looks like Dexter's E-Z Flex and Trail Air's Equa Flex are about par with each other. Mor Ryde makes a set too. The CE3000 I think it was, but they cost about double from my conversations with them.

For a pin box there's all sorts of choices there too.

The thing I liked about the Mor-Ryde was that it doesn't have any maintenance. However, if it just flat out doesn't work as well, then it's a waste of money really. When you spend this much on a rig...well...in for a penny in for a pound right?

Trail Air's pin seems decent, but almost everywhere I read it's more for up and down movement (bucking) which my truck seems to handle fine.

Dexter's Glide Ride was a recommendation over at NuWa. They thought it worked better then Mor-Ryde for chucking. I read a few complaints about clunking noises, but it seems they've added some rubber stops to solve that. Also read about some early versions having some weld cracking, but they've addressed that too. It has no maintenance. That's a good thing. The heavier the pin weight, the better they seem to work too. So should fit a Cyclone well I'd guess.

5th airborne seems a little like a cleaned up Trail Air. Read some reviews that said it didn't work as well in a direct comparision of the two. Trail Air handled the bucking better, 5th handled the chucking better. Saw a KZ owner that hated his so much he had the dealer put the original solid pin back on. Said customer service was lousy at best.

Lastly, Air Safe pin. I can't find much information on it, and the web site is cheesy as all get out. Not sure that's a great sign. I wrote them for some more info.

Perhaps Trail Air's Tri Glide would be the best solution period. Pretty pricey though.

Your money for sure. 5th Airborne handles the chucking better in my oppinion. My air bags handle most of the bucking along with the CP. As far as I am concerned there really is not much comparison. You must have found the only 5th Airborne purchaser that didn't like it. If he went back to his standard pin and thought it was better perhaps he forgot to inflate the air bag.

gpshemi

Hahah...idk. Just reporting what I read. It all makes my head spin now frankly. I recently read that some feel the Glide Ride gives them a disconnected feel and they don't like it. I suppose the Tri Glide would be the same.