Battery disconnect switch?

Two Hands

THANK YOU for your suggestions and comments about a generator and the radio. It seems that it does have a combination DVD/CD/radio unit. We just haven't been able to figure out how to get them to work. We picked up our new Bighorn 3055RL on Friday and we have it parked at our local Elks so we can really make sure everything works. I was looking for a battery cut-off switch, but could not find one. If it has one, where might it be hidden?

DennisZ

It doesn't have one, if you want one, you need to add it. Here is a link to a picture of the one I added to my unit.

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=630&d=1152746647

Uncle Rog

Old Picture

Here is a view of my power plant, I have since added a Xantrex 458/200o Watt inverter/charger with a disconnect switch that allows me to select individual or all batteries. I have four T105's hooked up in series and parallel for 450 AH of power. I use the STK 160AH battery just as back up.

Attachments

• 0917061123.jpg
    0917061123.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 107

jbeletti

Roger,

What are we seeing here? Is that a picture of 2 battery boxes that are sealed and the things at the top of them are tubes to vent to the outside?

Thanks for sharing,

Jim

Uncle Rog

Jim, exactly, I could not find sealed boxes to fit the T105's so I improvised with a utility knife, duct tape and PVC fittings. I slaved the new boxes to the original vent hose with 1 1/4 water line. The system really works. The only time I leave the hatch open during charging is when I am equalizing the system. You cannot smell anything inside the bay, however one whiff at the vent really tells you the batteries are bubbling vigorously. That is an old picture as I mentioned. With the inverter and prudent usage we can stay out for 7-8 days without a charge enjoying some nightly news. MR Heater helps too........UR