Give Heartland your feedback on the 2012 Landmark - what do you want?

jbeletti

This thread is being created on behalf of Coley Brady, Director of 5th Wheel Sales for Heartland RVs.

Hello Heartlanders,

We've been working overtime on new Landmark floor plans and ideas. We'd love to get input from you on what you'd like to see in Landmark for the 2012 model year. Please use this thread to tell us what you think and what you'd want if you were in the market for a Landmark.

While nothing is off limits, here are a few areas of particular interest are:

• Exterior look (graphics, paint etc.)
  • Exterior features
  • Floor plans (new ideas, tweaks of current floor plans etc.)
  • Decor (carpeting, vinyl flooring, wall covering, curtains etc.)
  • Furniture
  • Cabinetry
  • Counter surfaces
  • Appliances
  • Entertainment
  • Bed
  • Bathroom
Thank you,

Coley Brady
Director of 5th Wheel Sales

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I think it would be really cool if ther were a better material for the roof. Something along the lines of class "A"s. Don't they have a fiberglass or some other material for their roof? Even if it meant flattening out the roof similar to class "A"s.
If you are going to have a soft vinyl ceiling then put it back into the slides like the "classics".
How about wall hugger recliners?
Go back to the way things used to be, let us move the couch to the back wall and still be able to close the slideouts.
Challenge Flair to develop a couch that has flip out foot stools instead of the drawer. Better yet, have both the drawer and the foot stool. The foot sttol would aleviate the need to switch around the chairs and couch for some of us.
I would like for the window next to the kitchen table NOT extend below the table. With the window below the table height it is hard to open the shades and sometimes the knobs on the shades hit the table.
Find a way for the water supply line to feed a refer in a slide WITHOUT being exposed to the outside elements. Good luck!

More from me:
Since the toy haulers have decided to go to Dexter axles maybe the Landmarks could too. I would love to find another frame manufacturer. Lippert cannot be the only one.

A general comment for myself would be I have steak taste on a hamburger budget. Regardless of my financial position I would like a quality unit that I can depend on.

I would also like to see all storage tanks to have a great incline and all waste piping to go downhill from the time the wastewater leaves the tank. Please learn to support the piping properly.

OH OH OH OH, please make ALL exterior storage door MorRyde style slam doors.

Use hidden style hinges on the louvered doors for the washer dryer area. Just like on Michael Kidds rig.

A better Digital TV antenna. Maybe a second one for the rear television as to not have to split the signal for such a long distance. Digital TV signals stink!!

It's like I cannot stop with this.

How about black out shades for the bedroom. We supposedly have night shades. My guess is that they only work at night because in the daylight they just aren't as effective.

Brass check valves and fittings instead of plastic.

More to add,
WE have been wanting individual dimmers for the lights over the bed.
Challenge the shower stall vendor to provide us with molded in shelves for soap and shampoo.
Have an additional vacuum port in the rear end of the coach. Sometimes the hose comes apart when stretching it to get it in the back of the coach.

Just a start,
Mark

Last edited:

Kevin and Henny White

Past California-Central Chapter Leaders
Mr.Brady,
As a women who tends to spend alot of time in our 5th wheel and maybe looking to upgrade in the future from the 3670 bighorn to the landmark I only see a few things that would keep me in the bighorn. I do not like the lack of space between the bed and the bathroom. There has to be a better way to use space and get rid of dead space. We need to be able to make a bed without killing ourselves. I would also like to see a better quality carpet in the rigs.All the feedback I hear is that the carpet is junk. I do love the new kitchen and bath flooring that you have put in that looks like wood flooring good choice.

lwmcguir

I would like to see 8K axles standard. Also would like to a GN adapter as an option. Beefier frame up front or whatever it takes. LED lighting as an option or standard would be good as well. We do like the fluorescents however and the led around the counter base is a nice touch. Overall we really like the Augusta and not a lot of changes are needed.

caokgafamily

Jim,

I like the idea about full body paint and get rid of the white roof. My wife always complains about the low bathroom sink. Make the bath sink the same height as the kitchen countertops. Full body slide? I think Carriage has one? Outside fridge built into the storage area? Rear hitch? G614's standard? I will do some more thinking..
Steve

2010augusta

How about a larger bedroom Augusta, something like these.
2011_LM_proto_1.jpg

2011_LM_proto_2.jpg

ihsolutions

I have an 2011 Big Horn 3670RL, but will share my thoughts as well (probably without answering the question). I wouldn't move up to the Landmark Augusta from my current rig, as I didn't think it was worth the price difference. Sure, there are some very nice features, but if Landmark is going to be a luxury brand there needs to be more difference between the two. Having full body paint is a luxury option. The carpeting in the Landmark screams "CHEAP". Landmark, as it exists now, is a bit of a dichotemy IMO.. neither luxury nor mid-level.

I guess the question is, does Heartland want Landmark to compete with other luxury 5th wheel manufacturers? If the answer is no, then perhaps it is fine like it is and I'm misunderstanding. But for a new Big Horn owner with the means to upgrade in the future, I can honestly say I wouldn't, and I'd be looking more in the direction of something from DRV or similar.

davebennington

Two things we would like to see

1. Put back the water manifold like the "classics" had.

2. Work with Fantastic fan to come up with a exhaust vent that opens and closes by push button vs. going outside and fumbling with little plastic tabs.

Dave & Julie

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
How about the UDC not being in the storage compartment. Move it back like it was in the Classics. The hot and cold manifold are great. How about a standard quick connect for a Bar-b-que grill. How about electric entry steps. My Alfa Gold (top of the Alfa line) had electric dump valves. They were nice. How about an Oxgenics shower head standard. The rounded shower door with the "H" letter on the shower door in the classics is beautiful. How about heated holding tanks as standard. How about a back window screen standard (had one on the Alfa, it was great). How about 3 axles on the 38 foot or longer to lighten up the pin weight. How about Mor-Ryde IS with disc brakes as an option. Outside speakers? Rope lights built into the underside. A built in air compressor as an option. Also a power cover over the stove top. When closed it gives you more counter space. (The Elite Suites have one). Window awnings for the outside (either standard or as an option). A Tempurpedic mattress as an option.

lwmcguir

I am sure one of the primary engineering obstacles to all of our request is how to keep it where a 250/350 can legally tow the unit. Once you move on up the weight scale you are talking quite a bit more money for the TV. We look at a lot of units and there are always trade offs that have to be made and floor plans that have to compromise. One of the things that really sold us on the Augusta was all the kitchen area as my DW is a gourmet cook. Any upgrades that could minimize maintenance would be good and one of the main ones could be slipper springs. They don't require all the shackle monitoring these light weight ones do. Lots of different campers out there for all of us to compare and choose for sure. Money and weight are the primary objects it seems to me. We all want the most we can get for the money and personally I would like to work on any rig as little as I have to.

2010augusta

I know the 2011 are better, but keep improving the plumbing. Get rid of more Vinyl hose and "cheap" composite fittings, and use more PEX, brass, and quality composite fittings.

One thing that has "bugged" us with our 2010 is the light fixtures are scattered and no where close to lined-up. In the Living room on light is about 8" inside the reach of the ceiling fan and the other is just out side the reach of the fan. In the bedroom the fixtures are also off by several inches.

we'd like to see a better quality couch, or better stuffing.

A metal microwave vent flap, that can withstand a short road trip without breaking a hinge-pin.

Our taste would be for less ornate woodwork, with cleaner, simpler trim. More like the 2010's

bring more color into the interior, with many of the decors, there seems to be a lot of brown, beige, tan, and grey. window treatments and wall boarders need to bring in more blues, greens, burgundies, and other colors.

Keep the stainless steel finishes in the kitchen, they look so much richer than the wood fridge and black oven and microwave.

Thats my list for now, I'll think of more later.

hcriddle

We really like the Rushmore floor plan but my wife would prefer the commode room like we have on our 3580RL. She likes the separate room. I also would agree with Mark on the things he would change and add.

RoadJunkie

I would say stick to the fundamental design and fabrication issues already raised on the forum;

1) Quality Control, particularly during fabrication of plumbing and wiring.
2) Plastic fittings and check valves?
3) Develop improvements in insulation and freeze prevention--four season coach?
4) Review refrigerator installation design to ensure peak (summer?) performance.
5) Disk Brakes as standard?
6) Battery disconnect switch as standard?
7) Review design of tank mountings that prevent "sagging".
8) Can tank sensors be designed/installed that are more reliable?

I think these are systemic issues that might be addressed in your out-year production models.

hoefler

I would like to see dual wheel axles for the weight that these rig are carrying. How about a air ride suspension to go with an air pin box, and small onboard air compressor to keep it all inflated to the proper hieght.

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Have the option for real 17.5 wheels and tires, get rid of the 16" toy wheels/tires

Disc Brakes standard

Wet Bolts standard

Air Bags option

space for "real" pair of 6 volt batteries

outside accessible (trunk) storage compartment that is behind the wheels

Internet antenna installed and ready to connect to without drilling holes in the new camper. Include power (12v)

awning option on the slide

an empty piece of plastic conduit (3/4) routed from the pin box to the front storage to allow for easy routing of cable and wire installed by the owner.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We really like the Rushmore floor plan but my wife would prefer the commode room like we have on our 3580RL. She likes the separate room. I also would agree with Mark on the things he would change and add.

We feel exactly the same way...

2010augusta

I am sure one of the primary engineering obstacles to all of our request is how to keep it where a 250/350 can legally tow the unit. Once you move on up the weight scale you are talking quite a bit more money for the TV.

Remember that the 2011 GM's and Fords duallys can now legally tow over 21,500lbs.

Tom of Ypsi

1_3010_209745_1352809.jpg

Use this kitchen table and chair idea that also has two padded folding chairs, wide body 101" or so, light switch for the light over the kitchen table, Big Boy Package like the "Classics" have, put UDC back the way they were in the "Classics", LED tail and running lights with mid ship turn signals, 8K axles, disc brake option, NO vinyl grapics, QC needs to be stepped up dramatically and if you do not believe this just go to a dealership and check what is on the lots. Optional toillet sprayer. "H" patern heat ducts in the living area instead of a straight line run. Better furniture. BTW the kitchen table pulls out to seat four comfotably.

Last edited by a moderator: