Slide out part II

brains77396

Was getting ready to take my 186/183 to the dealer to get the slide adjusted and a few other minor details taken care of. The dog-gone slide would not come back in. Right below the fridge there is a panel with two screws on top. Remove the screws and remove the panel by pulling it straight out. Behind the panel is the electric slide motor. sticking out is a shaft that you can put a wrench on and turn (10,000 times) to manually pull in the side. Mine was locked up and I couldn't turn it, however it could be wiggled. Took the wrench off and Ka-Boom, the slide came in. I would assume the motor is the same of all the slide modes but it might be on the other end with those models that have sofa's in the slide. Hopefully, no one will ever need this info. When I get the unit back home I plan to remove the panels and vacuum all the construction dust and dirt left behind.

brains77396

Just spoke to my dealers shop. My slide has been adjusted (they say) so it completely retracts at the top. Had to put a new gasket in the toilet as it would put water in the shower area when I used the black water flush system. That blew the service writers mind as to how that could happen until he went out and looked at it and realized the shower and toilet were in the same space. They are still waiting for the gray trim to come in that runs from front to back along the roof line, which covers the screws. They will install the heat strip while it is there. The thing has a great (but nosy) air con. Can't wait until it gets cooler so we came spend some time outside without melting and running down into our shoes.:cool: