Furniture

DennisZ

Scott
Is the furniture in the unit, especially the sofa, installed prior to the walls or windows being installed, or can the couch be removed thru the door opening? Just wanted to ask before I attempted this and banged up the cabinets.:confused:

jbeletti

Hi Dennis,

Yep, the sofa will go out the door. Here's a link to a response by Scott on that question.

As for the chairs, if they are they same Flex-Steel units that are used in the Landmarks, the answer is yes as well. Open the Velcro'ed flaps on the back, open a tab on each side and pull up on the back - it will come off. Those swivel rocker bases are heavy!

Best of luck.

Jim

K

Ken Washington

Dennis,
I removed the bed out of the sofa before taking it out. Sure makes it a lot lighter and easier to handle.

Ken

jpmorgan37

I got two young strong guys and they took out the sofa and one of the large ultra leather recliners without removing the back. The sofa was a trip with the L-shaped kitchen counter. They ended up sitting on top of the counter to get it turned to go out the door, but it worked.

DennisZ

Thanks for all the info. I'm looking to replace the 2 recliners with a recliner loveseat/sofa and move the sleeper to the rear where the recliners are so we cn watch tv easier without having to move the recliners each trip. he real question will be if I can get the new unit into the trailer!

jpmorgan37

Hi Dennis;

We bought a Loveseat with double recliners and when they delivered it, I had them move the sofa and chair out. They did it with little effort. I remember (but just barely) being young and strong, so they didn't mind and it only took them a couple of minutes to do it. We love our love seat and I built a computer desk in one corner where the other chair used to sit. Now I can play on the 'puter and watch deer out the back window.

John

christianson

dennisZ
You should proble check see if you can move slideouts in with sleeper sofa in back I have 3055 Bighorn and I masured it and I can't move my entertanment slide in it's agood idea though.

J

jjjelm

Hi! We were able to remove the two big recliners that came with our BH 3055RL and replaced them with much lighter IKEA Prang chairs with footstools....fit much better in back window area when going down the road and also have washable zip off covers and look super nice with our brown decor.

DennisZ

Christianson
I just went out and measured the unit... Unfortunatly you were correct, the sofa is a bout 5 inches to deep to go in the rear area where the recliners are (and we just found the perfect dual recliner too!!). So much for the factory specs!

phranc

JJJelm.. We've looked at those Ikea Poang chairs for a couple of years . Still can't make up my mind if they would be comfortable for the long haul.. Sure would easier to move though..
How do you like yours ? and do they stay in one spot when travelling ??