Window Cornices

mfogarty

I would like to see the window cornices be shortened...in other words, the legs of them need to stop higher up so that chairs do not get caught underneath and break them. Simple fix to a wide-spread problem. :D

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I would like to see the window cornices be shortened...in other words, the legs of them need to stop higher up so that chairs do not get caught underneath and break them. Simple fix to a wide-spread problem. :D

If the inner and outer panels become separated, the best fix I've found is a liberal application of fabric glue to the contact surfaces and clamp them together. It's impossible to get the staples reseated, so just pry them out. They are pretty flimsy.

sdagro

Why are they there anyway? What is their purpose other than to be in the way of the rocker/recliners?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Their purpose, in my opinion, is to cover the strings and barrel connectors for the day/night shades...

K

karykatz

Thank you for your input on the window treatments. We are looking at shortening them to avoid the damage you are talking about.

Thanks again.