Factory installed slideout awnings for 2011 3612

andrejak

Can anyone confirm if its possible to get slide out awnings installed at the factory on the new 2011 3612 or is this only a dealer installed option? Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new rig and would like to get the slideout awnings too.

jimtoo

Hi David,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully soon to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

I have not seen the slide out awnings listed for a factory install, but your dealer should should be able to check for you or install them if not available from the factory.

Hopefully someone from the factory will respond Monday or so.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Mike Aplin

Good morning and thank you for your questions regarding the slide toppers. We do not show slide toppers on the price sheet because they are not a regular option. We can however as a "special" do up to two slide toppers on certain floor plans because the main awning (20' awning) covers the slide room on the door side of the unit. Please contact your dealer who you are ordering the unit from as soon as possible and we can discuss the possibility of adding the toppers here at the factory if that is what you would like to do. Take care, Mike

tcbrady

Slide toppers are something we do on a "special build" basis for retail sold orders only. This is not a written option. On the 3612 we can only put a slide topper on the main living slide as the bedroom slide runs too close to the roof line and it's not possible to add a slide topper. Hope this helps with your question.

andrejak

Slide toppers are something we do on a "special build" basis for retail sold orders only. This is not a written option. On the 3612 we can only put a slide topper on the main living slide as the bedroom slide runs too close to the roof line and it's not possible to add a slide topper. Hope this helps with your question.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am looking to protect the seals on the sliders, so I understand now that the factory cannot install a slide topper on the bedroom slide, but can anyone tell me if the proximity to the roof line eliminates any type of awning or something to keep the leaves/branches off the slide that I could possibly have the dealer look into? I had originally checked with the salesman however I do not believe he has alot of familiarity with the 3612 model. Thanks again.