Ice maker over-flowed

2010augusta

Today Sandy went to get some ice for her water, and our ice-bucket was frozen solid. It appears the the ice-maker over-flowed and flooded the bucket.

I defrosted the unit and cycled the ice-maker to make it fill and it did not over-flow again.

Has anyone else had this issue, and did it just go away, or is there a real problem?

4ever

Alan,

Can't say ever had that problem. We disconnected the ice maker so we would have more room, don't have to worry about winterisation and don't worry about what you are going through.

Ted

2010augusta

We don't need any extra freezer space, as we have a chest-style deep freezer next to our dog kennel. Until now the ice-maker has worked flawlessly for the past 20 months of full time usage.

lhetsler

I had that issue once this summer. After I cleaned it up, it did not happen again. I could not figure it out or duplicate it.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I've had it happen in a home unit. The ice did not dump out so the the next cycle the water still came on and covered it creating a solid mess. The problem was the ice tray getting too sticky for the ice to release. A good cleaning took care of the problem.

2010augusta

We have noticed that for about the last week now, when trying to get the water dispenser to work, we would have to run the sink for a few seconds, then the dispenser would work just fine.

since defrosting the freezer the ice maker has made 11 batches of ice in about 20 hours, so that equates to over 100 cubes a day.