big horn 2985 rl

I am perspective 5th wheel owner looking at the big horn 2985 rl. My use would be for full-time. Just myself and 4-legged buddy. Travel on occasions, probably in one spot for several moonths at a time. Any feedback or ideas,suggestions would be appreciated,Thx in advance,George:cool:

jimtoo

HI George,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

We have a 3055RL and just love it... I would think that the 2985 would be a great unit for a single person. We do not use ours for full timing, but a lot of folks do and have good reports. The service and response from Heartland is the best. And here on the forum you will find answers to any question you may have, or even a modification or two also.

Enjoy the forum and join our family.

Jim M

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I don't know about the 2985, except that I LOVE that floorplan...it's the only one I've seen with the rear entry door that is laid out right!!! And the kitchen, it's great. If it had a spot for a W/D I'd like it more than the 3055...

As for living in a Bighorn...we've been doing that for more than three years without issue. As long as you don't plan on staying in extremely cold weather for long periods...go for it!

KL7j

I am perspective 5th wheel owner looking at the big horn 2985 rl. My use would be for full-time. Just myself and 4-legged buddy. Travel on occasions, probably in one spot for several moonths at a time. Any feedback or ideas,suggestions would be appreciated,Thx in advance,George:cool:

A few years ago we had the mirror image of this floor plan in a Montana 2955. What is nice about the Bighorn equivalent is no step well inside the unit at the door. That was wasted space and a nuisance for us in the Montana.

We liked a door entry mid-way back with an entry closet.

For this size unit this time we purchased the Bighorn 3055 floorplan.

Items to think about as some prefer the rear door so it's good there are lots of choices.