3210 landing gear driver side not lowering but passanger side.

landp

Did a search to see if others had this problem but couldnt find a thread. any ideals on getting both sides to work? Can I extend slides still hitched up to truck?

Charlie Harris

landp,
check the cross shaft,,,a bolt may have come lose at the end of the shaft, may be laying the floor of the front compartment. If the bolt comes out of one side, it would not work. You should be able to use your slides okay while hooked to the tow vehicle.

landp

I have a generator in the front comp so it kinda hard to see in there, but I do think the bolt is still there.

fhollan

This happened to me last October. Took the landing gear down and found the right side stayed up. Found both the bolt and the nut. Took the left side back up, replaced the bolt and nut, made sure it was tight and placed some silicone on them. Workes fine!

landp

Does any one know of a work around that I can use to raise the trailer off my hitch, but not disconnect it from the truck? I just want to take the weight off the truck for now. I am not a big fan of harbor freight but I am looking at their 3 1/2 ton farm jack to use in place of the non-working leg.

lwmcguir

I would use large blocks and get very close to the frame. The front of the coaches are very unstable when jacking them up. have a second set of blocks that you add to to keep the actual height in case something slips to limit any length of a fall.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Does any one know of a work around that I can use to raise the trailer off my hitch, but not disconnect it from the truck? I just want to take the weight off the truck for now. I am not a big fan of harbor freight but I am looking at their 3 1/2 ton farm jack to use in place of the non-working leg.

When I had problems with my landing gear on our 2008 Bighorn, I used two 6 ton bottle jacks to hitch and unhitch. Worked great. Used it like that for a two week trip home from Texas.

Peace
Dave

truknutt

Committed Member
Here is the link to Lippert's Electric Landing Gear Manual. You can't see it in manual but at the top of each landing leg is a "Ring & Pinion" setup. As the shaft from the motor turns it engages the screw drive in each leg. You may have problem in this area since only one works and it happens to be the slave. Unfortunately, the bum one is the one behind the generator.