Propane Leak and various other questions

Purchased 2010 3950 last year from dealer in MI and had delivered to husband's job site in WV. Pulling with Ford F350

Noticed faint propane leak on the DS while in WV. Hauled home to NC from WV. Very odd odor inside camper (not a sewer issue). Stored for 6 mo. Got ready to go to S Dakota. Husband using Dometic fridge on Auto while driving. Odor still persistent inside. While stopping to camp I notice the propane smell getting stronger out by ODS basement and at end near hitch area. Husband says can't smell it...finally in SD camping neighbor smells as well (thanks!). Husband shuts valves for both tanks, I open windows to air...no more odor. I have read about leaks around regulators in this forum but I am wondering if there are any leak concerns when Dometic fridge is on auto...also while using the furnace in WV the fan would come on but it wouldn't fire. had to shut off and start over to get it to work then after a few hours it would start making a loud whistling noise audible via the return located in kitchen area.

Next, think dealer switched tv's on me. I have an Insignia TV and Jensen manual...question: how do I get TV to play through surround sound?

Third: During first pull from WV to NC and on our trip to and from SD...getting trailer fault warning in truck

Finally, looked at the 2011 3950HD and noticed the changes in Garage with regard to the two sofas vs our queen bottom bed. Can we convert ours to the sofas?

jimtoo

HI Tracy,

Regarding your questions about propane leak and surround sound. You have already post these questions in another area, please do not post the same question in multiple forum areas.

If your having problems with your furnace you should contact a qualified repair person or take it to a dealer. Don't take a chance on a fire.

Your third question, are you getting this message on the brake controller? If so, what kind of controller do you have and have you checked for problems?

Jim M

lwmcguir

The trailer fault is usually not having the 7 way plugging completely. you have to really push and be sure the plug is in far enough the safety on the cover latches. If that isn't it then maybe your female socket needs cleaned or replaced.

Mike Aplin

I would suggest contacting our customer service here at Heartland RV. Their number is 877-262-8032. Please have the last six digits of your VIN# ready for them. Take care, Mike

Thanks. Traveling home from SD today and plan to get in touch with Customer Service this week. Looking online to locate an authorized Service Center near Denver NC as unit purchased in MI. Believe the trailer fault is a short. We are newbies with fifth wheel camping...sure issues will get worked out...we love our Cyclone!

lwmcguir

I did assume your brakes worked when you weren't getting the trailer fault. You could have a loose brake signal wire before it branches out at the axles. That could cause it as well. Most of the time it is in the plug though.