Air Bed in sofa leaks

The design of the sofa almost gaurentees that the air mattress will get holed. Is there a warranty or how do I order a replacement. I have patched this in 6 different places.:(

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hi Tony,
Welcome to the forum. I would contact Flair Interiors directly and ask them what you can do to fix this problem. You can find their number on the portal page along the left hand side. When you call Flair, ask for Tim Meade. He has been a very good contact for us and is very knowledgeable .

Mark

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We had a slow leak in ours and the 1 year warranty was up. We sent ours back to Flair in the postage paid mailer that they provided. After they troubleshoot the problem it was diagnosed as having been pinched in the frame while closing the bed. We are having a new one shipped and I must say Elaine in the warranty department was very nice and it was a pleasure going through this process with her. Our new air bladder will be the 4th generation and is much better than the earlier design as I am told. Sent you a PM.

jimtoo

Hi all,
I did move the thread to the Flair Interiors area, maybe they will get on here and post some information also.

Jim M

RoadJunkie

There has been some previous discussion on this, and it appears the best approach to prevent pinching or otherwise puncturing the mattress is to avoid folding the mattress as it lies onto the frame of the sofa. Also, avoid allowing pressure--sitting or lying--to the mattress prior to filling with air. The suggestion has been to remove the mattress and fold independently, storing in the drawer below the sofa or in some other safer location. Good luck!

jimtoo

Hi everyone, After the post I made above (#4) I received this email from Jim B relaying this response to me from Tim Meade, Sales Manager for Flair Interiors.

"Jimtoo,"
"I can answer this the only way possible, honestly! We since inception have
built probably 50,000 of these or more for about 2 years in including this
year we averaged 1100 - 1200 of these sofas a week and I can personally
guarantee you our total warranty claims is less than 1% vs out put. I also
want to note that each time we switched bladders with today's being, I think
#4, IT WAS BASED OFF OF TOTAL PRODUCT IMPROVEMENT, not because of any
outside influence to change because of issues, we had a chance to GIVE YOU
FOR FREE.. The carry bag and the extra 4-Dcell battery pump for dry camping,
this was huge and the material also changed it was made out if, it went to a
denier polyester blend material instead of the rubbery type. We have not
changed our design and we do not see any future plans to do so. This product
was designed to hinder pinch points, and if used properly and if built and
installed properly it is just that. I WILL ALSO MAKE THIS GUARANTEE TO
YOU.....WE WILL ALWAYS STAND BEHIND OUR PRODUCT, NOT SAYING EVERYONE WILL BE
FREE BUT WE WILL DO EVERYTHING IN OUR POWER T MAKE SURE IT IS SO LOW, YOU
MAY EVEN THANK US. We work diligently daily to make sure Heartland sell to
you quality items, and I guarantee you our airbed is if not eh best
then........well you know what I think it is the best for overall comfort,
sleeping and storage. Thank you for your time."

"Have a great day!"

"Tim Meade
Sales Manager Flair Interiors
Goshen, In."

Tim Meade responded to this while on vacation. I did leave out that part.

Thank you Tim for taking time to respond and have a great vacation.

Jim M

WilmanJim

After trying to get our air mattress replaced by the dealer for about 10 days after our warranty with no luck, I decided to contact Mr. Meade. He immediately replied and turned it over to Ms. Zmudzinski who immediately contacted me via Email. I gave her the information she requested and that afternoon she had a new replacement bladder in the UPS. This was a Friday and we received it Tuesday with a prepaid return envelope. Their quick response in handling our situation sure helps to know that some companies go above and beyond to make Happy Campers.

Thank You Mr. Meade and Ms. Zmudzinski.

Jim and Wilma Tarr

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I did not have any problems with our air matress but I did ask Flair to fix a fabric problem with our couch. Flair not only did that but also went above and beyond to find another issue with the couch and fixed it without me realizing it. They did not have to do it as I never saw the problem or had any indication that there was a problem. They did a great job and when I went to pay for the original fabric fix Tim said Flair will take care of it and have a nice day. As a bonus suprise I did receive a second air mattress with electric pump and a battery operated pump and carrying bag. My son really likes this as he has used it a couple of times. Tim Meade and his team at Flair are awesome.

Mark