Rubber roof treatment

Blackcloud

I was wondering if I need to do a rubber roof treatment. I have seen a few advertised and I figure if I do need to, it would be better to do it when I get the trailer rather then let the roof get dirty. Any thoughts?

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
I use a product by Thetford that will clean the roof and apply a UV treatment at the same time. I do this 3 times a year and right before winterizing. I also use black streak remover for the makrs left by the AC. when you do this wear shoes tha will not leave a mark and will provide traction. Above all be careful. I take a radio with me so that I can call the DW if I need anything and she uses it to check on me. Good Luck.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
By all means wear some none slip shoes. Its a long way down from a slippery/wet/soapy roof. Most people do not bounce very well.....mostly just go SPLAT. The "303" protectant works very well also. All the black stuff on the roof....good luck getting it all off. The roof manufacturer recommends using Dawn dish soap to wash the roof. Rinse it GOOD and rinse off the sides of the coach well also.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
I used Dawn with a soft deck brush. I had to do a couple of spots twice and then rinsed it really, really good. It turned out great.
Recommendation is to use dawn and do it 3 or 4 times a year depending on conditions. Good time to check sealant and touch up if needed.
It does get slippery... Be very careful!