electrical outlet

leeaud

Your electrical outlets are numerous and I love the convenience. I would like to see an additional one placed near the stairs and the floor level for a night light or have a small security light at that level for night wanderers.

jimtoo

Hi leeaud,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Thanks for your suggestion, the factory does watch the forum and gets ideas from us. It should not be to hard for you to add a outlet in the area your speaking of if you have some time and tools and knowhow.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I don't know anything about your rig but ours is a 2008 BH 3400RE and for a nightlight we simply use the other wise useless under cabinet light, above the stove, for a night light.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Lee, I agree that more receptacles would be nice. If you are handy, you could easily add one. I added a whole 20 amp GFCI circuit for kitchen appliances to our old Bighorn and will be doing the same on the new one.

Peace
Dave

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
My pet peeve (1 of many) is the elect. Plug in' are behind the big heavy recliners. When i plug anything into them, i have to bend backwards and reach as far as i can behind the dead center of the big recliner to plug in. Why not put the 2 recep. On the sides of the chairs instead of behind them or both places?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Solved that by plugging a six outlet power strip into one of the outlets behind the recliner. Sits under the table between them.

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
That is the fix, but why can't they do it right the 1st time out. Don't the designers camp in these rigs is my point. Plus i hate for friends to come into my rv at night and they can't find the light switch hidden inside a kitchen cabinet door when i'm not with them.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Unless you're boondocking, try plugging a small nightlight into the outlet over the side counter and one in the bathroom. Turn it on when you go out and anyone coming in should have plenty of light to find the head (if that's all they're coming in for). There's also the light switch on the first stair riser for the ceiling light over the door, tell them where it is. Unless you've got that barrel cabinet under the counter, you can mount a night light in that outlet, as well.

My only complaint about the switches in the cabinet is that there aren't enough. I'd like to be able to select the ceiling lights singly, rather than in pairs.