Gold Decals

Birchwood

The gold swooping decals on the sides of my 09 Pinehurst are turning black.
Looks like dirt but cannot be removed even with a magic eraser.The decals
my be defective.Anyone else have this problem ?

cjbearden

Visitor
We have had our gold decals replaced twice with most recent being done in May 2010 at the factory. Replacement decals this time came from a different company than the original ones and appear to be doing quite well thus far. Call Customer Service, talk to Jim Fenner, and see what you can get worked out. CJ

Addendum: As of January 2011, we note that the gold decal on the nose is once again showing off-color streaking and one of the doorside decals is doing the same thing. :-(

Last edited:

Northern Virginia
I have the same problem. Only the gold. If I can find the camera I'll post a pic

John

Northern Virginia
Found the camera. I was hoping to buy another decal from Heartland but wasn't sure if I could just get one specific decal. Anyway, the discoloration is only on one gold decal and it happens to be right next to the door, so I see it every time I go in the camper. Here are 3 pics.

decal 1.JPGdecal 3.JPGdecal 2.JPG

John

mikeandconnie

I have the same problem on my 09 Pinhurst, I was planning to ask the same question. Please post or PM me what you find out.
Mike

Birchwood

Your photos indicate we have the same problem with our Landmarks.I have a
claim to Heartland for replacement but would have to be goodwill because
my warranty has expired.

Birchwood

Getting ready to have my gold decals replaced on my Pinehurst.Has anyone had this done outside the factory
and what was the cost.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Replacing decals is a very labor intensive job. I have been replacing our maroon ones and they are hard to get off and tricky to put on right. I was quoted a $1000.00 price to do it.

Birchwood

I actually removed my gold decals in a few hours with a heat gun and if you have the sun on one side
they can be removed without the gun.Not a real big job.I had the new ones professionally installed for
less that $300.