Continued Service Plan

J-W&E

We are thinking about buying a Continued Service Plan to take over as soon as our warrantee period expires. We are wondering how many other RV owners have purchased the extended warrantee and do you feel it is worthwhile or not.

Thank you.

billd

I bought one for mine. Got a 5 year plan. If things like the refrigerator goes out that is a chunk of change. It is a gamble. They have paid off for me on my personal water craft.

Bill

jpmorgan37

Jim;
I have a seven year extended warranty, only because RV's For Less included it in the sales package. I purchased one on my first fifth wheel and although I used it on two occasions, it was an overall loss. I think that you, like myself, do a lot of the things that would be covered under the warranty. That being said, the deductible vs the overall cost is what I look at on those things. I guess it's sorta like life insurance. I'm betting that I'm going to die, the insurance company is betting that I'm going to live. Pet Ebbie for me.

John

PS. We do have three years from Dometic on our major appliances already.

J-W&E

Thanks for your help. We also purchased the Dometic 5 year warrantees on our refrigerator and air conditioners. I know the frig would be costly if it went out.

jpmorgan37, were you at the 2006 Heartland Rally?
I am trying to think if we met you there.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We bought Extended warranty for our unit and if we don't use it over the life of the plan we get about 90% or more of the purchase price back. We figured that was worth it to us.../Doug

jpmorgan37

J-W&E;
Hi Jim;
Yes, we were at the Rally in site 413. You and I talked for quite a while and you're the one that gave me the idea for the wall and hooks in the basement, separating the front from the main compartment. Brandy and Ebbie made friends too.
John

ct0218

We bought an extended warranty on ours beacause it has so much "stuff" than can cause problems and be expensive to repair. Ours is loaded, and repairing the side by side frig or a heat pump can get very pricey. Like John said though, You're betting it will break, they're betting it won't. Just a gamble either way. I would negotiate to get the best price, we did, and it dropped the cost quite a bit. Just like buying an RV, forget the sticker or asking price, counter-offer!

billd

It is all a gamble. I am hoping that I do not have issues with anything, but this way I am protected for 5 years.

Bill