Bigger window in door

gpshemi

I mentioned this in another thread somewhere, but couldn't find it to elaborate on, but considering how little viewing area on one side there is on some of these floor plans (my 3612 for example) I was thinking a full length window on the door would be cool.

Well much to my surprise, this last weekend I saw a rig with one. It was an Open Range. They're web page shows some views of it. So I know it can be done. Heartland should consider this for sure.

I got thinking about how to order a window and put in my door. However, the Cyclone windows are all mirrored. I'm sure any attempt to match would fail. Then it dawned on me that the side windows in the stairways are almost a perfect size.

I photo-shopped one in for grins. Thoughts anyone?

window_mod.jpg

Yianni

That would be nice. I just used thick plexi glass cut to fit the bottom and top of the door. We leave it open in the winter and summer. Let's in a lot of light and you can see out of the entire door opening. It's pretty thick so we run the heat and air with door open with no loss I'm aware of.

gpshemi

The screen door you mean? Well you're in CA...I'm in Michigan. You do that in the spring or fall in Michigan you're going to freeze.

This was a glass exterior door though. So you can see out all the time regardless.

Took some measurements and it would be REALLY close. The glass appears to be slightly smaller in the window then in the door. So without getting into it further, I'm not sure a person could fit the window into the door. The factory might be able to say for sure though.