advertised weights

How accurate are the advertised weights on the Bighoorn trailers? The reason I ask,just to make sure I can tow without problems. I currently own a 2007 (new body style) Chevy 2500HD,6.6 turbo diesel,Allison trans, ext cab short-bed,rated for 15,400,Thx,George:confused:

branson4020

Icantre Member
Like most all manufacturers, the advertised weights are dry, unloaded, without optional equipment. What you actually get will weigh anywhere from a little bit to a whole lot more. That said, there are many, many happy Heartland owners out there pulling a variety of sizes of Bighorn with exactly your truck.

RoadJunkie

It's not clear--to me--how they derive the brochure weight specifications of each model. I can say that the 3670RL pin weight is advertised at a little less than 2000# and my actual pin weight is about 2500# with very little in the garage (couple of water hoses, 2 chairs, golf clubs) or bedroom closet (some summer clothes, under garments/socks, etc). I do have the bedroom air conditioner and added a 3 inch mattress pad. This weight includes 2 LP tanks, mostly full, and 2 batteries, small bbq grill and 2.5 gallon LP tank located in the front compartment. I can see where it would be real easy to run the pin weight up to 2800#-3000#. Hope this helps.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
As I understand it, Heartland weighs each unit coming off the floor. The advertised pin weight in their brochure/website is an average of a quantity of the same model of trailer. Let's say 10 for grins. In other words, they weigh 10 trailers and take the average of the 10 for their published weight.
Each trailer delivered to a dealer has a yellow weight sticker with that units actual weight and carrying capacity applied to the side near the VIN sticker. This sticker is for this specific trailer with the options as ordered. Any options installed by the dealer are not included and must be considered.

I am looking at the 2985rl or the 3055rl, I think I could pull either model without any problems,Thx,George. This is absolutely the best web site of any manufacturer out here.

K

karykatz

The weights we put in the brochures are very accurate. We weigh our units as they come off the line. If you are looking at units w/o generators or dual pane windows, the weights in the brochures will match closely to the units in the field.

Thanks to all of our members for thier input.

KL7j

My 2011 3055RL over the scale at the factory door with a Generator, second TV, 614 tires, and bike hitch options that add weight was 11518 lbs.

This actual weight was posted on the door jam.