Personal Protection ammo

Pulltab

So how do you guys feel about it? Do you think it does all they say or would proper placement do the job? I use Critical Defense by Hornady. Good thing about defense ammo is designed to expand on impact and prevent passing thru possibly injuring an innocent. I carry 9mm 124gr. Whats yours? :)

mholt

whatever you carry, always be sure it is a "bonded" bullet. A true bonded bullet will keep together, therefore transfering the all of the energy into the target. Which with proper shot placement will generate what some call the "hydro-static shock" principle.

DW_Gray

Winchester Bonded PDX1. .40 S&W, 165 gr. and .45 ACP, 230 gr.

I tried CorBon/Glaser Pow'RBall in my Sig P229 .40 S&W and it did not group well enough for my standards even at close range.

M

Mystriven

No wonder you guys get your trlr problem fixed quick...........

SilverRhino

I'm with Floyd......12 ga. 3" magnum with "OO" buck shot!

With the Beretta over & under loaded that way.....shot placement won't be a problem!!

For the Taurus Judge I have 3 Federal Hydro Shock .45 Long Colts and 2 3" 5 pellet 000 buckshot. The .45 ACP, .40 .44 mag and 9mm all are loaded to the gills with Hydro shocks. I keep my house, truck and Bighorn well protected.

robnmo

Best defense I've got is the little misses, heaven forbid someone wake her up in the middle of the night, they'll beg for the .45 just to put a quick end to the pain they'll be enduring. :) but just in case I prefer the Ranger 230 gr XST in a .45 ACP

BruteForce

I use Ranger 170gr hollow-points in .40cal. Springfield XD .40 3" barrel (for CCW) and XD .45 for home protection. The wife has quick access to a 10 and 12 gauge shotgun with 3inch magnum BBBB loads and no choke. Does the trick, but will surely require sheet rock repair.

Rockerga

Full-time WANNABE
RV and or home protection fits the personal defense models: Shots are fired within approximately 8 - 10 feet. At that distance you just need to know when to shoot and be confident in your use of the weapon. Prior posts regarding bonded and HP are very correct as you don't want "pass though" shooting-up the neighborhood!

Burglars and bad guys don't scare me...it is my neighbors who have a high powered firearm with no training.