A squirrel cost me 2 more tanks of propane!

ct0218

Smelled gas the other day, and found the hose going to the range in the kitchen slideout had a big hole chewed through it. A couple months ago I noticed the propane smell and a squirrel had chewed through the hose going to my grill (ran from a "T" on the curbside tank), and I lost that tank of propane before I noticed it. Now I've lost 2 more 40 lb tanks. Then I coated the new hose with silicone grease and red pepper--and if that doesn't work, my gun will.

Attachments

• IMG_1679 (2).jpg
    IMG_1679 (2).jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 165

jbeletti

Yikes Clark - that's some dangerous squirrels. Is that in Tallahassee? Better use a pellet gun - don't want to blow anything up :)

ct0218

This is in Tallahassee where we have the coach parked, but I guess this could happen anywhere the critters are, so it is advisable to periodically run your hands over the lines and check for chewing. There are also exposed lines in both tank compartments, as well as hydraulic lines exposed in the street side tank compartment (at least they are in the classic Landmarks). As for the squirrel--if I ever get an opportunity there won't be enough left to cook.

kinzu

I had the same thing happen to me in Fl. My babyQ grill hose to 20 lb tank...Went to HD and bought a pc. of pladtic conduit split it and put around rubber hose from tank to grill; no more problems Kinzu