Consider not staying here, near Bismarck, Nd

Paul & Nan

Pulled in here yesterday, very tired after 45 days thru Alaska, BC, YK, AB, and SK, mostly moving every day. Crossed into the USA in the mid AM. According to TL directory A Prairie Breeze CG just east of Bismarck sounded good. Pulled in, it looked good. Then.....there were kids, not supervised at all, running amuck. One rode their bike into the truck, no damage since it was small. Running between truck and 5ver, terrorizing the dog. You get the picture. We hoped it was a one time event, we were tired, needed another day off the road............WELL Today, the rig next to us that houses at least 4 kids, had no parent home except for a few minutes this afternoon. A female wearing very little clothing, seems to be the Mom, brings in groceries. Leaves again....very warm day, kids are in all the time. Many loud thumps and bangs say the kids are there. She comes back and the kids are walking under our awning, between truck and trailer, whatever. The same kids I heard asking yesterday when she did the same, what can we eat for supper. Should have known. We had talked to the hosts today, who say they have passed many complaints to the owner, so I write a complaint. Cornered the owner later, his response when I said I would tell others of this place and the problem--Shake my hand and don't hurt my business. I leave it to you all, if you pass this way, you are forewarned. The owner clearly wants a park inhabited by monthlies who do not respect the rights of others. Hate giving bad reviews, but this was not a good experience. There were 2 other Bighorns here. Nan

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
That's unfortunate, we stayed there on our way to Elkhart and had no problem. Some people just have no respect for others.../Doug

loafer

Yes write a review on the website described above we look at that site for evry stop along the road
My .02 cents worth
Bill

Bighurt

I'm not one to parent other peoples kids but the parents and the kids probably needed a good paddling.

When I was a youth and it hasn't been that long. It was unheard of to trespass per-say on another's space. Loud children is one thing but when others are in my space I consider it rude and don't have a problem telling off another parent.

Better luck next time...at some other CG.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Did you speak to the children and tell them you would appreciate it if they would not come though you site? Sometimes parents forget to do their parenting thing. I was at a park not long ago and the parents worked leaving their 13 year old alone all day. I had to speak to the boy to tell him it was not a good idea to be shooting his BB gun at cans in the yard outside the RV. When I explained to him how unsafe it was he apologized and never did it again. Sad to say sometimes others have to help parent the children of this world.

Paul & Nan

Spoke with kids, no good. Spoke with park hosts, said they have had many complaints and are unhappy with the owners response. Spoke with parents, got cussed for the trouble. Just feel this is not a good situation. Nan

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Can you say CPS (child protective services). Maybe they needed a call citing lack of supervision.

hoefler

It is today's world. I grew up vacationing in a RV. When we go to some of these parks, I can't believe what this generation has come to. Parents tell the kids to go play, and as long as they are not at thier parents feet, they don't care. I drove a school bus for 9 years, parents today believe it is the system's resposiblity to take care of thier kids.