PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Owners Camp-Out: PA, Pine Grove - 10/8/2010 to 10/10/2010

dieselengineer
08-18-2010, 05:26 AM
1445 Suedberg Rd Pine Grove, PA 17963
Venue:
------------------------------

Pine Grove / Twin Grove Park KOA
1445 Suedbury Road
Pine Grove, PA 17963
Ookie 717 865-4602
info@wingrove.com (http://info@wingrove.com)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $

Details:

Number of sites held:
Site fee: $$ 39 / night per night (with KOA card)
Club Member Event fee: $zero, just pot-luck dinner Per Person
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 10/9/2010
Potluck time: 5:00pm

Event Leader: dieselengineer(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=426)

Additional Info:
There will be 5 (five) chapter leaders present for a "Chapter Leader Summit"

dieselsweetheart
08-18-2010, 08:36 AM
Let me make one correction to the site cost.... it's $39 if you are a KOA member.... and $44 if you are not. I hope you will join us! We've got a GREAT group lined up and I hear we'll have a magician to make some MAGIC for us!! (I hope he can turn my classic Big Horn into a Landmark Grand Canyon)!

And her name is Ookie if you get to talk to her...she is not the official contact person, you can make a reservation through anyone who answers the phone. Just tell them you are with the Heartland group..

dieselsweetheart
08-18-2010, 08:39 AM
Oh dear.....'nother problem... DH is not going to be happy. That is NOT the correct map!!! We will fix that ASAP......

dieselsweetheart
08-18-2010, 10:16 AM
Thanks to Michael Kidd for putting in the correct google map...seems DH may have missed the zip code and that's why the original photo was incorrect. It's the correct map now!!!

truknutt
08-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Wow, from an informal reunion get-together to a Regional Rally in one week!

dieselsweetheart
08-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Yep, wasn't sure how to put this in a thread...so, it's now become (loosely) the regional rally...thread terminology only. I repeat, "not an official rally." (except for the pot-luck, never want to do without that potluck)... and come to think of it, how did I miss Nona's meatballs in NY? Dang!

truknutt
08-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Had some for dinner last night, btw.

jnbhobe
08-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Had some for dinner last night, btw.

I should have grabbed more when I could. Now I missed out !!!

dbylinski
08-18-2010, 03:26 PM
Nobody ever gets enough of Nona's meatballs. They were awesome.

dieselsweetheart
08-18-2010, 04:14 PM
I want to know in one setting (one weekend) how many chapter leaders have there been in attendance? The drop down menu does not offer language such as "reunion", "get-together" etc... so.... with all 5 leaders in attendance, what else would we call this? It's almost like having the president, vice president, and the joint chiefs all in one spot...

But, and I do repeat...In fact...you all repeat after me...."this is NOT an official rally." Maybe we could call it the "Chapter Leaders Summit"... but I don't think that's in the drop down menu to name a new thread!!

jbeletti
08-18-2010, 04:24 PM
I just added "Heartland Camp-out" as a choice this morning as I see more and more "informal gatherings" occurring - which I feel is awesome. Would you like me to edit this one Cheryl?

I like your Summit idea, though this may not occur often enough to warrant an event choice.

Jim

dbylinski
08-18-2010, 04:25 PM
You can just call it a "GREAT TIME"!!!

dieselsweetheart
08-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Thanks Jim...you beat the dieselengineer to it... making it a meet and greet just didn't work for me either....

mjatwalker
08-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Hey Cheryl do ya think we can get a pavilion to hold a quick Rally-holic meeting? seeing we'll have our president in attendance!

dieselsweetheart
08-18-2010, 05:18 PM
haha I'll make sure I get some security for our president...!! We just signed on for VA so we will have 4 chapter leaders in attendance...

dbylinski
08-18-2010, 05:55 PM
The good news just keeps on comin' Cheryl! Yahoo!

Wanna go to Ocean City, MD the end of September?

dieselsweetheart
08-18-2010, 06:07 PM
What rally is at the end of September?

Jim & Harriet
08-19-2010, 01:36 PM
seems that I missed this event entirely - manye because our daughter's wedding is on 10/9/10 so we will no tbe able to get together ar Pine Grove.

dieselsweetheart
08-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Well there are 2 reasons to hope for good weather on that weekend!! Congrats parents of the bride!

supernan1414
08-23-2010, 03:05 PM
We made our reservations today. We will be on site A19. First little issue with new Big Horn this weekend. Water leaking from bottom of hot water heater into storage area. Another fellow from camp ground had stopped admiring the Big Horn when Bill discovered the puddle of water. He has a Sun Dance, he helped him figure out how to access area behind a panel and some tightning fixed the leak. I have shown it to probably 25 fellow campers and they all agree it is a wonderful layout and absolutely beautiful. We love it.

iforget
08-23-2010, 04:22 PM
You can just call it a "GREAT TIME"!!!
Deb and John
Just think this started when we started planning a get to gether before year end!! Now all our friends are coming and with Cheryl left on the recovery wagon-- it has blown into a new catagory!!!!
And i have a great idea for our gathering which I will discuss with her since she doesnt have to go back to school YEt..

this is going to be a blast.. A year end blow out!! You dont want to miss this one.. NOT AN OFFICIAL RALLY!!! We heard you Cheryl.

iforget
08-23-2010, 04:25 PM
All this talk about Nona's meatballs is making me hungry...
Are we going to have some at this pot luck??

If it is cool one night... how about a soup/chili potluck?? All we need is a few great chefs and some bowls of Bread!!

dbylinski
08-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Wow Deb I think that's a great idea. Maybe we can get together in the morning and prepare a slow cooker full of chili as a group sanctioned event. I know I can get John to make Beef Shin Soup.

What do ya think Cheryl?

dprince99
08-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Hi everyone,
Just wondering if we will be the only one with a toy hauler?
If there are others, will they be bringing there motorcycles?
Thanks, Dave

Freckles
08-23-2010, 05:48 PM
We made our reservations today. We will be on site A19. First little issue with new Big Horn this weekend. Water leaking from bottom of hot water heater into storage area. Another fellow from camp ground had stopped admiring the Big Horn when Bill discovered the puddle of water. He has a Sun Dance, he helped him figure out how to access area behind a panel and some tightning fixed the leak. I have shown it to probably 25 fellow campers and they all agree it is a wonderful layout and absolutely beautiful. We love it.

Cool I'm excited that Bill & Barbara will be coming !! We need to have a time slot for the 5 chapter hand shake !!!! That's right I have their new owners plaque kit # 1630 and will be given it to them there !!!

dieselsweetheart
08-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Welcome Bill and Barbara!!!! We are very happy to have you join our little get-together!!! When will you be arriving?? You will be up next to Truknutt and Mrs Truknutt...a wonderful little Cyclone with the nicest owners.... thanks for joining us!!!! And congrats on your new BH...glad you solved your water problem. Sometimes it is only a little turn of a screw....

truknutt
08-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Hi everyone,
Thanks, Dave

Dave,

We'll be there with our "little" 3210. We won't have the bikes as there just isn't enough time to ride on a short weekend. We tend to sit around and chew the fat and just have fun. Afterall, we'll be riding the Segways!!!

Dave G.

P.S. A Neapolitan Mastiff??? Nona & I lived in Naples for 7 years. Navy Chief neighbor had 2 of those beasts. Now is that why you need the Airlift??

truknutt
08-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Wasn't there a roster of attendees and site numbers???

dieselsweetheart
08-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Yes there was...or is...thought I posted it earlier...maybe it's on Facebook haha.... I'll post it again!

dieselsweetheart
08-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Lucia and Mark (Burton) A-3 MD
Deb and John (Bylinski) A-4 NJ ** Chapter Leader
Mike and Ann (Walker) A-5 MD Chapter Leader
Eric and Dorothy (von Opstal) A-6 ** VA
Gus and Debra (Funderburg) A-7 VA Chapter Leader
Cheryl and Jim (Horst) A-8 PA Chapter Leader
Debbie and Duane (Clause) A-9 NJ
Beth and Greg (Dean) A-18 NY Chapter Leader
Bill and Barbara Kinsella A-19 NY
Dave and Nona (Gruner) A-20 PA

** denotes rallyholic

dieselsweetheart
08-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Deb One and Deb Two,

I think you guys have a great idea for a chilly fall evening! Dust off the crockpots...fall is coming back!!! Time to cook up the comfort food!!

It is much nicer to sit next to a fire when it's chilly enough to really enjoy it...

dprince99
08-23-2010, 06:48 PM
oops,
Sorry everyone, I thought I was posting to the Ludington Rally in Michigan.
Hope ya-all have a great time.

truknutt
08-23-2010, 06:50 PM
No problem. You're welcome to attend, though!!!

truknutt
08-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Lucia and Mark (Burton) A-3 MD
Deb and John (Bylinski) A-4 NJ ** Chapter Leader
Mike and Ann (Walker) A-5 MD Chapter Leader
Eric and Dorothy (von Opstal) A-6 ** VA
Gus and Debra (Funderburg) A-7 VA Chapter Leader
Cheryl and Jim (Horst) A-8 PA Chapter Leader
Debbie and Duane (Clause) A-9 NJ
Beth and Greg (Dean) A-18 NY Chapter Leader
Bill and Barbara- A-19 NY
Dave and Nona (Gruner) A-20 PA

** denotes rallyholic

Bill & Barbara (Kinsella)

dieselsweetheart
08-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Go back to the roster and look at it.... hey, how was the TV dinner tonight? What kind was it? Thanks for keeping things all neat and tidy here on the thread!!!

mjatwalker
08-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Hey!!! I think we resemble those asterisks!!!

jimtoo
08-23-2010, 07:50 PM
Did I see someplace that someone was going to design a tee shirt for "Rally-Holics" or something like that???? You might be on to something.... Please let me know and also either PM or post a pic of your shirt.

Thanks
Jim M

dieselsweetheart
08-23-2010, 09:20 PM
That came from Debbie Bylinski...artistic genius....I'll tell her you want to see it! It's a great shirt...

jimtoo
08-23-2010, 09:27 PM
That came from Debbie Bylinski...artistic genius....I'll tell her you want to see it! It's a great shirt...

Great,,, either PM or email,, or here...

dieselengineer
08-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Deb One and Deb Two,

I think you guys have a great idea for a chilly fall evening! Dust off the crockpots...fall is coming back!!! Time to cook up the comfort food!!

It is much nicer to sit next to a fire when it's chilly enough to really enjoy it...

hey, don't forget the pumpkin and apple pies

dbylinski
08-24-2010, 03:24 AM
Hey Jim,

This is the 1st Generation design which we are going to send to Martin Marketing. Once we know what this will cost - we cut colors!

truknutt
08-24-2010, 04:35 AM
Go back to the roster and look at it.... hey, how was the TV dinner tonight? What kind was it? Thanks for keeping things all neat and tidy here on the thread!!!

You're to funny! Reason for edit: I made you! Last night's entree was Chicken Parm w/spaghetti. Being a bachelor has its perks..dinner is always a surprise. "Now I wonder what's in the freezer for tonight's feast, hmmm?

dieselsweetheart
08-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Are you eating Lean Cuisines or Smart Ones??? Nona said she has a story about the TV dinners...can't wait to hear that one.... now don't forget a salad to compliment your dinner!!

dieselsweetheart
08-24-2010, 08:30 AM
I especially love the little dog on the shirt...too bad you couldn't make that a Yorkie...that seems to be the dog d'jour.

bill40
08-24-2010, 10:28 AM
Did anyone say Shoo Fly Pie ????

dieselsweetheart
08-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Bill I just sent you a PM. We'll have the shoe-fly if you come along!!!

dbylinski
08-24-2010, 04:03 PM
So what your saying is the way to get the man to the rally is through his stomache???

dieselsweetheart
08-24-2010, 04:21 PM
That's it! We know that works sometimes for our beloved leader Jim B!

dieselengineer
08-24-2010, 04:57 PM
That's it! We know that works sometimes for our beloved leader Jim B!

HELLO It's PIE That's as sweet as the sound of a turbocharged diesel starting up in the cold morning air.

truknutt
08-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Are you eating Lean Cuisines or Smart Ones??? Nona said she has a story about the TV dinners...can't wait to hear that one.... now don't forget a salad to compliment your dinner!!

Lean Cuisines, Smart Ones..There'll be none of that here. It's Hungry Man (or should that read Men)! And salad, please. It's deli meat right out of the package (don't waste time with bread), beer & pretzels, chips & bacon horseradish dip, you know all the GOOD stuff a "single" guy can get away with!!

There's no telling what story she's fabricated for you ladies, at my expense of course.

dieselsweetheart
08-24-2010, 07:26 PM
HAHA Best laugh I have had all day!!! (though my days aren't really that exciting anyway) OK Hungry Man...don't cry when you read the nutritional label... see how much sodium is in those meals?? You might not be able to get your SHOES on in the AM....

boatto5er
08-24-2010, 08:54 PM
I'm with you Dave. Debra's been gone for the past four days and it's been a steady diet of everything bad for me (Mmmmm - Salt and Vinegar Flavored Chips!)!

dieselengineer
08-24-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm with you Dave. Debra's been gone for the past four days and it's been a steady diet of everything bad for me (Mmmmm - Salt and Vinegar Flavored Chips!)!

It's. Time. For icecream

dieselsweetheart
08-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Ya which we bought for the VA rally but only because I am recovering from a surgical procedure. (that sounds like a good excuse right?)

We are up to 10? rigs for our not-an-official-rally rally. That's pretty darned good. Gonna be a good time. Gather 'round folks. The more the merrier. Get the word out!!

gschaaf
08-29-2010, 08:40 AM
We made reservations this morning see ya all in Oct.

Glenn and Fran
#HOC 1536

dbylinski
08-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Very cool Glen & Fran. If we get off I66 and through Washington soon we'll be there too!

dieselsweetheart
08-29-2010, 03:55 PM
Glenn and Fran...still gotta watch my knee or I would be jumping up and down that you are joining us!!!! What site have you booked?? And guess what?? Mary Ann and John Proto ALSO booked....haha...while we were at the VA rally...I have Pine Grove on speed dial and Mary Ann used my phone!!! They are on site A 21. So, we are up to 12 rigs for the "not really a rally" rally. Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

Freckles
08-29-2010, 04:43 PM
Wow !! Glenn & Fran and John & Mary Ann . What a great time this will be . It's our last rally and trip for the season !!! We Can't wait to see who signed's up next!! This is Going to be a good one !!

mjatwalker
08-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Wow !! Glenn & Fran and John & Mary Ann . What a great time this will be . It's our last rally and trip for the season !!! Can't wait to see who signed's up next !! Going to be a good one !!
Don't say last quite yet. With the speed these "not a rally" events are popping up there's still time for another northernish event to materialize! While the PA event is in Oct. you could always join us at the Castaways in Ocean City Sept. 24-26. We're up to 3 rigs and a couple of fence sitters.

dieselsweetheart
08-29-2010, 05:17 PM
I think these "not really a rally" rallies are going to get very popular. You're right Mike, we're gonna see a lot of them pop up over time. No stress for the chapter leader...no venue or agenda...just some togetherness with people we've come to call "friends."

Freckles
08-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Opps " Not a Rally " just a great time get together !! Hey Mike do you have a link to your " Not a Rally " in Sept ?

gschaaf
08-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Hey Cheryl I forgot to put my site # I was just excited that I got one. Any way it is site #A22 told them I was coming to the rally thats not a rally. I just wanted to post it quick because I was on my way out the door. See ya all soon.

Glenn and Fran
#HOC 1536
2011 Bighorn 3185
2006 F-350 CC Deisel

truknutt
08-30-2010, 04:49 AM
Now Cheryl has something to keep her busy today....gotta update the attendee roster! That'll pass, what, 15 minutes tops?!!! Have a good day and stay away from Oprah and those Bon-Bons!!

dieselsweetheart
08-30-2010, 09:09 AM
These days I have to pace myself so I have something to do throughout the day...in about 1/2 hour I am going to wash my hair. Right after I check Facebook!!!

Thanks Glenn and Fran for your site number...now there are 4 of you together so you won't be lonely...

We talked in Va over the w/e and we are planning the potluck for Saturday. I think the theme of this rally will be "Welcoming Fall in Comfort" and we are going to plan a meal of comfort food in crock pots... so, chilis, stews, soups, etc...and I will have an assortment of breads to accompany those crock pots. How about some corn bread? Yum!!

Sweatshirts, sweatpants...all are comfort items... and a roaring fire....

It had better not be 85 degrees that w/e!!!

mjatwalker
08-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Opps " Not a Rally " just a great time get together !! Hey Mike do you have a link to your " Not a Rally " in Sept ?

No link just a great time together. Join us if you can. We are up to 4 rigs so far.

Freckles
08-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Sound's like another great time with friends thanks for the info !! Castaways looks like a top notch spot !!

dieselsweetheart
09-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Kathy and Lee are signed up to join us...they are on site A-28! We are now up to 13 rigs...wow...this is getting big!!! YAY!!

My knee seems to be healed...had xrays today and will be starting physical therapy on Tues...let the fun begin! Good thing I saved all my pain pills just for therapy!

BettyBoop
09-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Hi, Looks like Don & I will be free that weekend. We are hoping to join you. Are there still sites available? Do we just mention that we want to be with the Heartland group or is there something else we need to mention? Thanks!

Betty

dieselsweetheart
09-10-2010, 08:03 PM
oh hi Betty and Don!!!! Yes, just call the KOA and tell them you are with the Heartland group over in A. Then let me know what site you get!!! Hooray!!!!

dieselsweetheart
09-11-2010, 08:14 AM
It was suggested that we have some Halloween decorations up at our not-really-a-rally rally. So, bring along some decorations for your campsite. Who knows? We may make a contest of it and have some fun prizes!! I think Lucia said that there was going to be trick-or-treating that w/e too. I will check with the KOA to see if that's true.

BettyBoop
09-11-2010, 06:14 PM
We're in! We are on site 23. Looking forward to it. See you there!

dieselsweetheart
09-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Yay!!! The "not-really-a-rally" rally just keeps getting better and better!!!!

mrmagoo
09-11-2010, 06:40 PM
I was just looking at the map on the TwinGrove website, and I don't see 'A' sites listed... is it part of the "RESORT EAST Deluxe RV Pull-Throughs"? ( I am looking to see if I am on Candid Camera!)

Oh yea... Boop said we are on site 23... that is A-23.

Looking forward to seeing those of you we have already met, and meeting the rest!!

Freckles
09-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Hey Don, You are correct with area A doesn't show on their website !! I had the same ? We had camped there for the 1st Pa rally and saw section A and had some members in that area.

dieselsweetheart
09-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Yep, Freckles is correct. A is the newest section of the park and they are all pull-thrus over there... No trees, no shade, but in October we'll be happy for any sunshine!!!

iforget
09-12-2010, 12:44 PM
No treats unless you have a costume!! This is becoming quite the event girls..
So Cheryl, what is the total so far?

dieselsweetheart
09-12-2010, 01:06 PM
14 rigs!!!! Isn't that great??!!!!

bill40
09-12-2010, 02:49 PM
14 rigs!!!! Isn't that great??!!!!

And two visitors on Sat.

dbylinski
09-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Love your signature Cheryl! Do we need firewood?

dieselsweetheart
09-12-2010, 06:40 PM
No, you do not need to bring firewood. Believe me, we will have enough!!

And Bill40, gotcha~

beasleyrl
09-14-2010, 06:09 PM
Hey Cheryl. Add another Cyclone! Kelly, the kids, and I will be there too (along with the "other kids"). She didn't get a site number from the KOA but they told her it would be section A.

Update *** Site number is A24.

dieselsweetheart
09-14-2010, 07:50 PM
The Beasley's are coming!!!!!! YAY!!!! Happy to have you!!!!!! I'm sure you're up amongst other Heartlanders.... great time!!! Thanks!!!!

DBHooper
09-18-2010, 08:31 PM
Sounds like a great time, Cheryl. My wife and I met Jim at the Hershey show last Wednesday. We just bought a 2011 Cyclone 3950 from the Wilkins RV crew thast day and Jim was kind enough to invite us to this camp-out. I don't know as we'll make it as we are still running our restaurant 7 days a week, but we send our best regards and hope to see you all at a future event.

Best Regards, David and Kim

dieselsweetheart
09-19-2010, 12:36 PM
David and Kim! Thanks for posting! Now you know where to find us! Congrats on your new purchase..wow a Cyclone! You're gonna have some fun in that!!!! I do remember hearing about you guys...you had to go out and buy a truck now?? LOL I think you were one of the first deals for Wilkins at the show!! Well as you will see we 5 chapter leaders in the 5 contiguous states are all about having fun...you will see that NJ and NYS already have their rallies planned for next year...so check those dates and places out...we are having ours in western pa on the way to the national rally in Goshen (in June)... MD just to our south is planning their rally I believe next September (check back for an announcement soon), and Va will most likely have their announcement soon as well.

We're all about making new friends and having fun. Oh, and eating. HAHA Stay in touch!

dbylinski
09-19-2010, 12:57 PM
We're getting ready to change our title to "MEGA GET TOGETHER" Yahoo!

dieselsweetheart
09-19-2010, 07:49 PM
Well look everybody!! We made the portal events page!!! Woohoo!!!! Now maybe more folks will see us!!! 3 weekends to go till we're all together again!!!

Crockpots, comfy foods, fresh baked breads, cocktail hour, fireside chats, hotdogs over the fire...Big Horns, Big Countrys, Sundances, Landmarks, Cyclones, Greystones... these are a few of my favorite things.....

craftynana
09-20-2010, 08:26 AM
We are new Heartland owners & would like to come to your weekend camp out. Heard about your group at Hershey RV show. We heard this was a great camping crowd. The Floyds

dbylinski
09-20-2010, 04:10 PM
If you want to hang with a great crowd, you've come to the right place! I am sure Cheryl will post real soon and by all means call the campground and make a reservation with the Heartland Club in A section. Bring your rig, crock pot and laughter! We're havin' a party in the hills!

dbylinski
09-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Oh yeah, welcome to the family!!!!!!

dieselsweetheart
09-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Hello Floyds!!! Welcome to the group! Please feel free to join us! We're planning a great w/e and would love to meet you. Which unit did you buy??

You can find the phone # for Pine Grove/ Twin Grove on page one of this thread.... just give them a holler and tell them you are with the Heartland group...we are in A lot. Then let me know which site they have given you!

WELCOME!! We are a fun bunch!!

dieselsweetheart
09-22-2010, 04:50 PM
14 rigs! Are the Floyds gonna make it 15? Let us know!!!

dieselsweetheart
09-27-2010, 05:34 AM
Jim and I will bring apple and pumpkin pies, plus the assorted breads for the slow cooker dinners...

truknutt
09-27-2010, 10:28 AM
Are we crock-pot / slow cooking each night? That will be cruel to the pups having to smell that all day, everyday! ****, that will be cruel to some of us, too!!

dieselsweetheart
09-27-2010, 03:41 PM
I would like to propose that since a lot of folks are coming in Friday...that we eat at the restaurant right there at the KOA? It's been taken over by another owner and it's called the 501 cafe I think. If you'd like to do that they will have room for us...it's a fairly big place. They have good food there and even have a liquor license now so you can get beer and wine if you'd like.

Then Saturday do the potluck. If this is ok with you guys (and of course you don't have to eat at the restaurant...just thought it might be easier after your travels and set-up)...we can eat there.

I'd also like to suggest cocktail hour on Saturday afternoon for those who want. We did it in Va and we had so much fun. Wine, beer, whatever one's choice to share and crackers, cheese, etc. We can start cocktails at 2p.

I have another thought but I need to call the KOA first.

dieselsweetheart
09-27-2010, 04:20 PM
I will be putting together an event schedule for us all. If you have suggestions for an event (such as hosting b-fast at your camper, and my cocktail hour, etc), post here please. Although this is a "not really a rally" rally, I want to make sure everyone is included in all the goings-on. I want good communication so no one misses anything. Now is the time to chat. Feel free to tour the area as the leaves hopefully will be looking pretty by then...but those who just want to sit by a campfire and roast weenies and enjoy conversing with our brothers and sisters...are welcome to do that too!!!

dbylinski
09-27-2010, 04:30 PM
I think the cocktail hour is a good plan. We really had a good time with it in VA. We are looking foward to this "not really a rally" rally! The one we just had in Maryland was great relaxing fun with friends. We will also be up for dinner in the restaurant on Friday but am not sure when we will arrive. Don't wait for us if we're not there, we're on the way!

Freckles
09-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Count Beth & I in for Friday's Dinner !! Sound's like a great idea . After being in MD mini rally last w/e with all that wind !! I plan to bring our 2 first up's with sides which could take care of those bad 4 letter word's (rain) (wind) (cold) or (+now) !! I'm sure it will be all 3 letter words instead (Hot) (Sun) . I was a Boy scout so it's always good to be prepared !!

dieselsweetheart
09-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Great idea Greg! And we can make dinner around 6 or so....we will just take our time so those of you coming in around then or just after can join us... plus they have take-out or maybe the later arrivals can make the "second seating". We'll just play that by ear...!

porthole
09-27-2010, 05:28 PM
maybe the later arrivals can make the "second seating". We'll just play that by ear...!

Yeah ah um just how late we talking here?

Clymer
09-27-2010, 06:51 PM
I will be putting together an event schedule for us all. If you have suggestions for an event (such as hosting b-fast at your camper, and my cocktail hour, etc), post here please. Although this is a "not really a rally" rally, I want to make sure everyone is included in all the goings-on. I want good communication so no one misses anything. Now is the time to chat. Feel free to tour the area as the leaves hopefully will be looking pretty by then...but those who just want to sit by a campfire and roast weenies and enjoy conversing with our brothers and sisters...are welcome to do that too!!!

The Clymers will be hosting a "not totally continental breakfast" at the "not really a rally rally" on Saturday morning 9:30ish.....................I'm talking bring your own chair and coffee mug and we will have some good breakfast "sweets and eats" Looking forward to seeing everyone

dieselsweetheart
09-28-2010, 05:39 AM
Kathy and Lee...great plan! Thanks a lot!!

Porthole, the restaurant probably closes around 9p or so. Just how late are "you" talking?? We'll fix a plate for you guys!! LOL

dieselsweetheart
09-28-2010, 05:41 AM
uh oh, the restaurant might not be open. Just looked at that site exclusively and it seems it was only open till Labor Day. What the ?? Don't they know people camp long after labor day??? I will double check on that for sure.... we may need a back up plan...such as dinner by a fire!!

(http://www.twingrove.com/)

porthole
09-28-2010, 08:42 AM
Porthole, the restaurant probably closes around 9p or so. Just how late are "you" talking?? We'll fix a plate for you guys!! LOL

After dark of course.

Actually not sure when. Depends on the bike trip for the rest of this week (weather has already delayed that).

I though we were going to sneak in at Maryland, but it ends up Beth and Greg were there already, Of course it was dark when we got there around 9

Flying Dutchman
09-28-2010, 09:17 AM
We need a lot of fingers and toes crossed. Our Sundance is sold:angel:, and between the selling, and the date we pick up our new Big Country all occurs the days just prior to Twin Grove. It is the BC pick up date that concerns me as that date is not confirmed as yet. We hope that it all works out as planned and that we see you in PA:cool:.

supernan1414
09-28-2010, 04:49 PM
I just called the campground to change our Thursday arrival to FRiday. I asked if they got good TV reception from the annena, she said yes, also asked about the restaurant. She said it was going to be open year around, new people have taken it over.

dieselsweetheart
09-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Oh thanks Barbara for checking on the restaurant!!! They need to change their website information as it clearly said till Labor Day. I had also emailed them about it... Oh and yes... TV is good... there is wi-fi down at the restaurant/office area. Did you talk to Ookie? She is also a Heartland owner...they have a BC and it's a permanent there.

So, dinner back on at the restaurant!!!

dieselsweetheart
09-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Eric!! So happy you sold the Sundance but geez...the timing on that is crappy!! Let's hope that Butch and Karen come through for you (and us!!!)

gschaaf
09-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Hi everybody haven't had a lot of time to jump on hope to have it after I retire. Fran said she'll be making a couple of cheeze cakes for desert for the potluck dinner. Her aunt and uncle are following us up they have an SOB and are staying on a different loop. I always tell them about HOC and what great people Fran and I have met on the rallies. Hope nobody minds them coming with us they just want to get out before the white stuff gets here. See ya in PA.

Glenn and Fran

dieselsweetheart
09-29-2010, 08:02 PM
Glenn and Fran, if your friends would like to join our group we would love to have them join us! Cheesecake?? Yummy!!! The date is getting closer... 9 days to go! Why don't your friends see if they can get closer to us? I bet there are sites available near us. Worth a try!!

Freckles
10-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Dinner Friday night at 6pm at cg Restaurant !! If you would like to join the group could you give me a heads up so that we can have enough table set a side for the group !! Plan to give restaurant a head count !! Thanks , Only 7 more day's

truknutt
10-02-2010, 05:59 AM
Cheryl,

Is there an updated attendee list? I understand that I have been moved up to the grown-up's table!!

mrs.truknutt
10-02-2010, 06:09 AM
Greg,

We will attend.

Nona

Clymer
10-02-2010, 12:48 PM
It is with much regret that Lee and I are having to cancel from this event. We have a "horsey" (actually me not Lee) conflict that I can't get worked out so I wanted to let everyone know that we will MISS YOU GUYS and are soooooooooooooo sad not to see everyone one last time before "ole man winter" arrives. We are planning on NJ in April so we will see everyone then and for sure be talking about something on this forum or FB. Happy trails to you all.....be happy :)

Freckles
10-02-2010, 07:07 PM
We will miss you guys...but we will keep in touch via the forum and FB. See you in the spring!!

iforget
10-03-2010, 12:38 AM
Hi everyone,
Thanks, Dave

I dont know if Porthole answered you but if the weather is good, he will be bringing his harley I am sure..A big possiblity is that my son will be joining us with his bike as well. It is a nice area to ride in. Hope the weather is good and you bring yours.

iforget
10-03-2010, 12:51 AM
Yeah ah um just how late we talking here?
Oh silly Duane... Dont I have us booked to arrive on Thursday? That would be Thursday night of course. Cant break our record and show up when the sun is shining.
Maybe we could try to break this habit and get our monies worth for the first day?

mrmagoo
10-04-2010, 09:10 AM
Dinner Friday night at 6pm at cg Restaurant !! If you would like to join the group could you give me a heads up so that we can have enough table set a side for the group !! Plan to give restaurant a head count !! Thanks , Only 7 more day's

Greg,

Betty and I will be joining the Friday nite dinner crew...

mrmagoo
10-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Ok... I have been reading thru this marathon thread... and I am just going to ask here....

What are the essentials that we need to know?

I (just) responded to Greg that we will be joining for dinner Friday night.

We will bring something for cocktail hour... (this sounds fun)

Is there a theme for the potluck dinner Saturday nite?

Is there anything else we should be aware of?

Thanks!

dieselsweetheart
10-04-2010, 09:52 AM
Hi folks! Haven't had wi-fi access since we left Pa. Now we are in a pancake house with wi-fi so I am catching up. Dave, I don't think there are any changes to the roster except for Kathy and Lee canceling. Because they were going to have b-fast, I will now offer that we can have a continental b-fast at our place. If you'd like eggs, bacon, etc...bring 'em down and we will have a griddle available. Maybe I can rustle up a grill-master!

Don't forget to post your attendance at the dinner on Friday night at 6p. We have spots held for 20-30 but I'd like a firmer RSVP.

Thanks! I'll be back online on Wednesday night when we get home!

dieselsweetheart
10-04-2010, 09:54 AM
Lucia and Mark
A-3
Oct 8/11th
Deb and John
A-4
Oct 8/?
Mike and Ann
A-5
Oct 8/10
Eric and Dorothy
A-6
Oct 8/11
Dave and Nona
A-7
Oct 8
Cheryl and Jim
A-8
Oct 7/11th
Debbie and Duane
A-9
Oct 8/11th
Beth and Greg
A-18
Oct 7th
Mary Ann and John
A-21
Oct 8th
Glenn and Fran
A-22

Betty and Don
A-23

Bill and Barbara
A-19

Roger and Kelly Beasley
A-24

dieselsweetheart
10-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Debbie and Duane...you guys are coming in on Thursday? Ok, we'll see you then. Looks like Jim and I will be the only ones in (besides you) on Thurs since others cancelled... see you then!!

truknutt
10-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Weather.com says it will be Sunny all weekend!! (http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USPA1284)

mjatwalker
10-04-2010, 05:09 PM
We plan to attend the dinner on Friday.

Also, isn't there going to be "trick or treating" for the little ghosts and goblins? so we need to remember to bring along candy.

new
10-04-2010, 05:21 PM
New at this. please advise when can make reserv. & etc. thanks new
A-3
Oct 8/11th
Deb and John
A-4
Oct 8/?
Mike and Ann
A-5
Oct 8/10
Eric and Dorothy
A-6
Oct 8/11
Dave and Nona
A-7
Oct 8
Cheryl and Jim
A-8
Oct 7/11th
Debbie and Duane
A-9
Oct 8/11th
Beth and Greg
A-18
Oct 7th
Mary Ann and John
A-21
Oct 8th
Glenn and Fran
A-22

Betty and Don
A-23

Bill and Barbara
A-19

Roger and Kelly Beasley
A-24[/QUOTE]

Freckles
10-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Hello from Greg & Beth,

We will be making Jon's Frittata's on Saturday Morning for all !! We can only hope we make Jon proud !!!! And yes Dave could you please cook the bacon ?

jnbhobe
10-04-2010, 07:47 PM
You'll do great Greg, you have got experience, and with Daves expertice with the bacon, I'll be missing the good stuff. HAVE FUN everyone!!!!

Flying Dutchman
10-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Just talked with the KOA to adjust our arrival date. We pick up BC in Knoxville Friday, and just cannot make it to PA that day. With all going well with the PDI and a ton of good luck we hope to see you all on Saturday. Keep the fire going.

truknutt
10-05-2010, 04:38 AM
Hello from Greg & Beth,

We will be making Jon's Frittata's on Saturday Morning for all !! We can only hope we make Jon proud !!!! And yes Dave could you please cook the bacon ?

Okay Chef, how much do you reckon you need? Jon likes to used 4 lbs at a time. (I suspect that he samples quite a bit!!) I think my Provisions Officer may need to procure additional stores!!

jnbhobe
10-05-2010, 05:58 AM
Okay Chef, how much do you reckon you need? Jon likes to used 4 lbs at a time. (I suspect that he samples quite a bit!!) I think my Provisions Officer may need to procure additional stores!!

Now wait a minute Dave your the guy that cooked the Bacon. I got 4lbs but I heard you cooked 6lbs :confused::confused: Talk about samples ???? LOL

bill40
10-05-2010, 09:42 AM
Maybe we should stop up for breakfast instead of dinner. God bless you Eric, the Dodge is really going to be hustling up 81 travel safe.

truknutt
10-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Now wait a minute Dave your the guy that cooked the Bacon. I got 4lbs but I heard you cooked 6lbs :confused::confused: Talk about samples ???? LOL

I did cook 6 lbs but Greg & his pups stopped by to "check on my progress" that morning. He & Nona carried the bacon your way....;);)

dieselsweetheart
10-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Did anybody notice that "new" posted to the thread? I sent a PM. Not sure who this person is...but book now "new" if you'd like to join us.

jnbhobe
10-05-2010, 04:42 PM
I did cook 6 lbs but Greg & his pups stopped by to "check on my progress" that morning. He & Nona carried the bacon your way....;);)

Man you are brave !!! Involving Nona in it !!! Wait till she sees what you said LOL

gschaaf
10-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Hi Cheryl we'll be pulling in sometime fri. afternoon was wondering if there is still room for the dinner at the resturant. If there is count us in and our relatives which would be 4 of us if not no problem. See ya all soon.

Glenn and Fran

Freckles
10-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Glenn,

Thank you for the head's up that your coming for Dinner !! Got you down for 4. I had called and talked with the resturant and gave them a idea but they had said to give them a count before we show up !! So were up to 14 at this time !! Any others?

dieselsweetheart
10-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Got a PM from John and Mary Ann that they will be coming to dinner too...

dieselsweetheart
10-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Hey hey...here we all are...looking forward to a great w/e!!!

truknutt
10-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Had a nice dinner and robust campfire. Got some bacon to fry up tomorrow morning. We'll see if Jon H. gave ALL his secrets with the breakfast furtata recipe!!

dbylinski
10-09-2010, 07:11 AM
Hey Dave, I guess robust would be one way to describe that fire. Anything else would surely get a Mod's attention. We had a blast redesigning and naming star formations in one of the best nite skies I have ever seen. It was a beautiful and comical evening to say the least!

dieselsweetheart
10-09-2010, 07:31 AM
What's that luscious smell? Why it Truknutt's bacon fryin' up in the pan.... we ladies have all the guys out there cooking...except where is Beth? I think she is cooking instead of Greg... I sent him knockin on other doors...breakfast in 30-45 minutes!!!! Belly up ladies and gents!!

Don't forget, cocktail hour begins 2-ish. I say "ish" because it may begin much earlier than that!

truknutt
10-09-2010, 11:07 AM
6 lbs of bacon this morning; that Greg!! I only have 4 left for the rest of the weekend. Someone's going shopping or we'll be going through pork withdrawal!!!!

jnbhobe
10-09-2010, 11:14 AM
6 lbs of bacon this morning; that Greg!! I only have 4 left for the rest of the weekend. Someone's going shopping or we'll be going through pork withdrawal!!!!

Dave; You and Greg keep it up and I'm going to make fritta for supper!!! lol

dieselsweetheart
10-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Awesome frittata....

dbylinski
10-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Just finished a great Pot Luck! Soups, White & Red Chili and Deep Fried Turkey! Lots of great desserts! Thanks everybody for another really good meal. Now back out to the duel campfires!

Freckles
10-10-2010, 07:33 AM
Good Morning from Pine Grove !! A start of a beautiful day all sunshine not a cloud in the sky. "Notice" The founding leaders of the Ralliholic's Eric & Dorothy made the long day of driving showing up around 10:30 pm with their brand new Bigcountry !!!! "Truknutt" esorted them in with his Cyclone "Beast" golfcart and Dieselengineer brought light to everything with his flashlight on steroids . Breakfest smells abound for our last morning !!!

dieselsweetheart
10-10-2010, 07:37 AM
We were all happy and relieved to see Eric and Dorothy arrive last night after a long trip up from Knoxville! They were exhausted (all we did was eat and sit by a fire)... their Big Country looks beautiful! More fun today as the not-really-a-rally rally winds down!

dieselsweetheart
10-10-2010, 09:34 AM
test message...I am teaching Betty how to access the forum!

bill40
10-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Had a great time yesterday, great seeing everyone, and lots of great food. Sorry we missed Eric and Dorothy arrival in the new BC. Take Care and thanks again for a great time.

dbylinski
10-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Heading home on I-78 and missing everyone already. If we missed saying goodbye we are sorry. Saying tata (sorry I couldn't resist the term) takes longer than packing and hooking up. So long for now and we hope everyone has a uneventful winter. We are planning on Washington the first week in November at Cherry Hill Park.

dbylinski
10-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Home, unloaded and parked! Thanks again we had a great time!

mjatwalker
10-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Wow for a "not really a rally, rally". What a great time--thanks Cheryl and Jim. Lotsa laughs, good food (and much, much more good food), and best of all our great heartland family and friends. Look forward to seeing Betty and Bob again soon at a "genuine rally", rally. I think they have lots of stories to take back to their family about their first encounter with a bunch of rally-a-holic Heartlanders. Special thanks to Dorothy and Eric for travelling so long and hard to be with us we were so happy to see you and your beautiful new BC arrive safe and sound. The girls were glad to see you too--coulda tell?? Safe travels to those still rallying. Hope to see everyone real soon!

dieselsweetheart
10-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Well we went home and dropped off the BH and loaded up with more wood and back up to camp we went. Still have 3 couples here...Dave, Nona, John and MaryAnn, and Eric and Dorothy...we're gonna eat and sit by another fire. Ya know, the usual!

porthole
10-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Glad to see you all had a great weather weekend! Sure would have liked to see the stars last night up there.

dbylinski
10-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Duane, The sky was so clear both nights. It was awesome. Wish you and Deb were there with us.

craftynana
10-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Just want to say Thank You All for such a wonderful time. Can't wait for our next 'Rally" We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Thanks Again. Bob & Betty

mjatwalker
10-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Yeah, Duane the only thing that could have made the weekend better was having you and Debbie and Lucia and Mark there too. You were missed.

Clymer
10-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Wow sure sounds like we missed a great time missed everyone but glad you all had such a great time.

Freckles
10-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Wow !! What a great time we had and the weather was prime !!!Only wished Duane & Debbie , Mark & Lucia and Cathy & Lee could have made it !! We headed up rt81 with our sundance break the wind for Don & Betty's Bighorn !! We had a great day of travel with no delays. Looking forward to see you all next year !!

mjatwalker
10-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Duane, The sky was so clear both nights. It was awesome. Wish you and Deb were there with us.

Yeah Deb, Beth, and the others found some new star formations.

mjatwalker
10-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Wow sure sounds like we missed a great time missed everyone but glad you all had such a great time.

We had a great time. Sorry you guys missed it hope everything is ok at the farm.

gschaaf
10-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Hi everyone we made it home with no issues we had a great time seeing everybody again and can't wait untill the next one. Sorry I didn't get to say good bye to everyone. I want to thank all of you for thinking of me on my birthday and the cake and I still have my Heartland hat on I'll probably wear it to bed. Most of all thanks for the friendship Fran and I had a great time as always. Stay warm over the winter and we'll see ya on the road. " Thanks Again "

Glenn and Fran
HOC # 1536
2011 Big horn 3185
2006 Ford F-350 CC Deisel

supernan1414
10-11-2010, 07:45 AM
We also had no issues on the trip home. The colors are almost prime here in NY. We have the 5er unloaded for the winter, Bill will winterize next day or so. We had our first frost while we were in Pa. This was our first Heartland event, we met great people and look forward to another get together. I will admit I don't have the names on everyone, but probably have over half in the brain bank. I believe Cherokee, NC will be the next. Everyone have a healthy winter and like everyone else looking forward to spring and un-winterizing.

dieselsweetheart
10-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Hi Barbara and Bill, it was good to have you as well!!

Duane and Deb...well that cheap wine works wonders for Debbie B's stargazing capabilities. Don't know what Beth's excuse was but she was also seeing stars we had no idea existed. And Greg caught a couple of satellites (again, that no one else could see). I was happy just to see the Gap's choppers!

Missed all of you who had to cancel out. But Duane in your spot Ookie put Betty and Bob and it was wonderful to have them so close!!

dbylinski
10-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Hey, Hey, Hey.... Pine Barrens Jersey Devil Red.... Nothing but the best from the Jersey Pines for my Star Gazing Buddies! Not to mention, we DID have a little cheese with that wine! Barbara & Bill are cool and we hope we get to rally with them again soon.

Cheryl, they were not individual stars we were seeing - They were entire galaxy's never before seen by the untrained eye! They will not be seen again until our next happy hour!

truknutt
10-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Well we pulled out at about 1230. I tried to be the last to leave but Eric & Dorothy didn't have Miss Nona breathing down their neck whispering those sweet nothings in the ear, "Quit gabbin' and get packin"! I guess it was only fair that the newest Big Country get to be the last to leave since it was the last to get there!!!

We got home around 2 o'clock and am I beat from that looong drive!! We had a great time meeting new owners and of course sharing "stories" with longtime friends.

Until we meet again, friends.....

Dave & Nona

Clymer
10-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Wow !! What a great time we had and the weather was prime !!!Only wished Duane & Debbie , Mark & Lucia and Cathy & Lee could have made it !! We headed up rt81 with our sundance break the wind for Don & Betty's Bighorn !! We had a great day of travel with no delays. Looking forward to see you all next year !!

What did you feed it some of that chili I heard about to get it to "break wind" all the way up 81??????

dieselsweetheart
10-11-2010, 07:04 PM
haha Kathy...I saw that too.... I wonder how Don and Betty survived that trip behind the Sundance!?

porthole
10-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Hi Barbara and Bill, it was good to have you as well!!

Duane and Deb...well that cheap wine works wonders for Debbie B's stargazing capabilities. Don't know what Beth's excuse was but she was also seeing stars we had no idea existed. And Greg caught a couple of satellites (again, that no one else could see). I was happy just to see the Gap's choppers!

Missed all of you who had to cancel out. But Duane in your spot Ookie put Betty and Bob and it was wonderful to have them so close!!

When Deb booked the trip she had not looked at the calendar - I worked Sunday and Monday.

freckles-girl
10-11-2010, 08:19 PM
haha Kathy...I saw that too.... I wonder how Don and Betty survived that trip behind the Sundance!?

Now you all know what I go through every day. I have to live with it.

truknutt
10-12-2010, 05:13 AM
Now you all know what I go through every day. I have to live with it.

A couple Heatwaves and you'll never even notice!!

mrmagoo
10-12-2010, 02:51 PM

HUM... and Greg kept telling me it was Diesel we were smelling from a truck in front of him... LOL

We had a GREAT time... so glad we made it, and looking forward to doing it all again next spring. We truly enjoy the heartland family... Thanks to everyone for the GREAT time!

dieselengineer
10-12-2010, 03:11 PM
HUM... and Greg kept telling me it was Diesel we were smelling from a truck in front of him... LOL

We had a GREAT time... so glad we made it, and looking forward to doing it all again next spring. We truly enjoy the heartland family... Thanks to everyone for the GREAT time!

It was the CAT on Greg's gasser. Diesel's always smell real good!

dieselsweetheart
10-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Announcing new members to the club....Bob and Betty have signed on as official members!! YAY!!! I think they liked us!!!!! <3

truknutt
10-13-2010, 04:53 AM
The folks in A09? Don't want to blame the wrong couple for our misfortunes!!! Do you think he'd give us the direct number to his beer delivery service so we could cut out the middleman?? Welcome to the fold Bob & Betty!

dieselsweetheart
10-13-2010, 05:23 AM
yep, those are the ones! Loved that beer delivery service. But he needs to add more variety to his inventory!!!